Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ownedbymypets

Please recommend best carpet sanitization service???

ownedbymypets
9 years ago

I have an elderly (13+) long-haired dachshund, Nutmeg. She is diabetic, and blind due to cataracts. For several years, now, she will not go outside. If I take her outside, she won't get out of my arms, and literally panics if I try to put her on the ground. I suspect that she went out one time, and couldn't find her way back in, and is now too frightened to attempt it again.

As a result, she "goes" everywhere/anywhere in the house. I try to follow her around and clean up after her as quickly as possible, but that isn't always possible. I can't keep a diaper on her. Her health issues are getting worse, and I am bracing myself for the time when I must let her "Daddy" have custody. My husband passed away on her 2nd birthday, in 2003.

I know that I will adopt another dog... I can't NOT. However, my carpets are pretty much saturated, and I cannot afford to replace them anytime soon. It's not just the cost, but the furniture moving and all that I am physically unable to do, myself.

I do not want to bring another dog into the house when the urine smell is so bad. I have a Rug Doctor, and I've tried various pet carpet cleaning solutions, but I think I need a professional's help at this point.

Can you give me any recommendations, or advice, on finding a really good cleaning service? I suspect I may need a company that does flood recovery, or some such.

Thanks for your help.

Comment (1)