Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

Need help with cats not getting along

michelle_phxaz
12 years ago

I rescued a very pregnant mama cat (Amy) from a parking lot at work and 2 weeks later she rewarded me with 5 perfect kittens. Amy is the best mama and she LOVES people but not other cats. My roommate just bought a house but won't close for about 4 weeks. It was over two months ago that the babies were born, but the last three kittens and Amy are still here, confined to one room most of the time. I have three rescue cats of my own, two are declawed and one isn't.

My problem is that Amy goes after the bigger cats when she is let out and my kitties don't care for the kittens, and Amy has gotten a few good chunks out of my cats, so I can't risk her being out running the house alone which is a problem because her kittens I like to have underfoot to socialize more, but I can't trust Amy alone with my girls.

What can I do until my roommate moves into his new house (4 weeks away) and has promised to take Amy and a baby, and the girl who PROMISED to take the remaining two is getting a little wishy-washy over taking them. I just can't keep all 7 in the same house much longer. What do you suggest? I posted everywhere, at the vet, on Craigslist, everywhere I could think of.

Thanks!

Comments (3)