Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Periodic loss of rear limb function over night

Posted by esch (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 16, 10 at 0:49

My 5 y/o Lab had recent bowel obstruction surgery, a few weeks later after being treated for pneumonia/ esophagus issues, he started panting fast in the evenings and got wobbly legged in the rear. In the am he completely looses function, for about 4/6 hrs then is wobbly at best. Very odd!
We looked at Myasthenia Gravis posts, but this doesnt fit all signs and symptoms. Appetite is returning to normal.

Ideas???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Periodic loss of rear limb function over night

I'd be contacting his vet first thing in the morning. It could be due to any number of things. I'd worry about neurological or spinal problems.

o
RE: Periodic loss of rear limb function over night

Vet has been notified............just looking for other ideas people who have had similar situations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here