Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californiangardener

Help! Swollen Cat Lip Again!

Hello,

Back in May my kitty developed a swollen lip. He was given a steroid shot and I switched his food, and the lip went down and he was perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, the swollen lip has returned! It has not swelled up as big as last time, but it is definitely beginning to swell again. What should I do? I don't want to give him another steroid shot just because I know it really isn't good for his body.

Should I try switching his food? Right now he's getting Wellness canned mixed with regular Wellness dry. But maybe I should switch to Wellness Core dry?

Also, I've been doing a lot of home re-decorating lately - buying new furniture, installing shelves etc. I think that's partially stressing him out. I've been trying to keep him calmer by giving him a little Pet Rescue Remedy, but not sure if that will help with his swollen lip.

Any thoughts / opinions that don't involve steroids welcome!

And of course if it gets really bad I will take him to the vet, but I don't think he's there yet. It's just a bit of swelling, but behaviorially he is acting relatively normal.

Thanks!

Comments (3)