Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ralfsmom

eye drainge from dog.

ralfsmom
14 years ago

i have taken my havanese to the vet 2x for this. 1st time was in early june and then last week. the vet swears it's allergy. i've had him fot 2 1/2 years and he has never had any eye drainage till this year. it stains his hair below his eyes and builds up big gobs of brown matter.last week the vet gave him a shot which he said would take care of it,but 5 days later i don't see much improvement.any ideas? ralfsmom

Comments (3)

• petaloid
    14 years ago

We put a powder in our dog's food called Angels Eyes. The vet recommended it and it has helped dramatically to stop his eye drainage and redness. We buy it at the pet store and it is rather expensive but seems worth it to us.

• Meghane
    14 years ago

What kind of shot?

• hald
    14 years ago

I have a 13 year old chihuahua mix that has had the same problem. I give her 50 mg of vitamin c each morning and it takes care of it. There is no rda for vitamin c in dogs. They supposedly produce it in their liver; maybe some dogs don't produce enough. The only caution I'd give - a little is enough - so don't give too much or more than is reasonable (Don't mega dose).