Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
food recall

Posted by monablair (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 21:25

Proctor and Gamble is recalling pet food due to potential salmonella contamination.

Iams Veterinary Dry Formulas
Eukanuba Naturally Wild
Eukanuba Pure
Eukanuba Custom Care Sensitive Skin

The offical press release with more info is here:
http://www.pginvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=104574&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1454785

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: food recall

Thanks for the info.

o

Thanks for the link! My vet's office called to tell me that my bag is on the recall list. They are on a restricted calorie diet so I'm not sure what dry to give them now. They said they'd call back and see what the vet wanted me to feed them but I'm thinking of going with another brand. Something healthy and natural, no grains, and something that is tasty. Being on a diet doesn't have to mean you eat boring food.

o

Those all natural diets look very tempting...

o

Sweetchasity- try Natural Balance diets. They have a single protein source and the carb is potatoes. There isn't a low calorie formula so you'll just have to feed less at each meal though. Personally I don't believe in restricted calorie foods for dogs because they tend to be too high in carbs, not enough protein and fat IMHO. Most of my fat patients do better on high protein food.

o

Thanks meghane! I'll give it a try. Muffin will have no problem switching, actually she sometimes throws up the kibble and its still in its bits, but Dustin loves his dry food so I might give him a small amount once a day and try to get him hungry enough to eat the moist. Hopefully I can find a flavour he loves enough to forget kibble forever, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here