Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trifexis for heartworm and flea control for dogs

Posted by norar_il (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 20:38

Does anyone have any experience with this pill? We recently got an American Bulldog from the county pound. Took him to the vet for a checkup and this is what he gave us. After looking on the web, it seems a lot of folks have had big problems with this making their dogs very sick. We're thinking of returning this pill and getting seperate flea and heartworm prevention treatment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trifexis for heartworm and flea control for dogs

I've heard that, too, and even saw some literature from the company at my vet's that said that. I use Iverhart (sp?) for heartworm, and Advantage or Certifect for fleas. If your AB is white, there may be flea allergy and skin problems, too, so keep an eye out for that.

o

Thanks for the information. DH just left to return the Trifexis. This big boy is too nice to take a chance with making him very sick. I didn't know about white and flea allergies -- that's important to know.

o

I've had my close to 17 year old PON on Triflexis for four months now. I admit I was scared to death to try it as he is on a special diet, has had skin problems, and all the other problems with seem to go with an aged dog. However it has caused no problems for him, and seems to work fine so far.

o

Like any medication, some will have negative effects. Riley has been on TF for over 2 years without a problem. He's 6 now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here