Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Dogs and frogs

debbiep_gw
13 years ago

Annabelle the black lab puppy that we kept which is 4 months old now is not doing so well on learning commands(just a refresher I'm in a rural area and there is no obedience classes)she knows her name well and she is learning sit but only will sit if I have a treat for her.She really needs the leave it or drop it command learned.She will not leave frogs alone,does not respond to her name when a frog is around.She has been squirted by them and been foaming at the mouth twice.I hurried her to the tub and washed her mouth out and she was fine.How do I break this habit?I'm thinking of having a squirt bottle filled with something and giving her a squirt of it preferably in the mouth when she is messing with them.I'd like her to associate the squirt in the mouth with the frog and leave them alone.Something not good tasting.Will listerine hurt her?I'm thinking of that as my bassets hate the smell of listerine as I've used that on a rag to freshen them up when they roll outside.By the way I got that tip here from someone several years ago.Any tips for this probelm?

Comments (3)