Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone tried Sinu-Rite for dogs?

Posted by razorbackfan (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 16:45

Our 15-year old pug has developed chronic nasal congestion. Pulse therapy with antibiotics helps, but I'm looking for something safe & non-addictive that I could give her to help with the congestion on an ongoing basis.

The vet is confident this is not a nasal tumor; that it's more than likely just an ongoing irritation/mild infection in her nasal passages.

I've seen a product online called Sinu-Rite by PetAlive. Has anyone tried it on their dog (or cat?) Any concerns about using it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone tried Sinu-Rite for dogs?

"Sinu-Rite is a safe, non-addictive, FDA registered natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients selected to relieve sinus and nasal congestion in pets."

"Homeopathic" remedies are diluted to the point of being GONE ... you would be paying $20 or so for a bottle of lactose tablets.

INGREDIENTS:

Nat mur (fancy name and explanation for sodium chloride)

Wind flower (30C) extremely diluted (30C is diluted to the point that you would have to administer gallons of remedy to get one molecule of the original extract)

Kali bich (30C) is a natural remedy (that's the fancy name for potassium bichromate ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_dichromate)

Glycorrhiza (3X) (extremely diluted licorice extract).

Lactose (what you are really giving the pet)

o
RE: Has anyone tried Sinu-Rite for dogs?

Apparently lazygardens is not a fan of homeopathy. While it seems odd, the dilution is the key. It certainly can work but you need to get the exact remedy for the problem and that can be difficult. You might see a holistic vet if you have one in your area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here