Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Imprinted chickens 2

Posted by mountain_lady (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 16:32

Well some time ago I posted about my Husbands Ladies. Well Here is a picture of him and his ladies. He walked into their pen and here they are . They came right to him so he could sit down and pet each and everyone of them. I have other pictures of them following him in their little yard and following him into the coop. They make us laugh ... they are soo funny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Imprinted chickens 2

That's a nice looking little flock. Look a lot like my golden comets (who are eggers extraordinaire!)

o

Neat. They look like ISA Browns which I had and found to be the friendliest hens ever.

o

Such charming girls! I love chickens! Thanks for sharing your feather kids. :)

Ginny

o

Cute, they're all clamoring for his attention!

o

We are not sure what kind of chickens they are. They are still babies . We got them as chickens in april and we have eggs now. we are getting 11 to 13 day. and most of them are dbl yokers. but daily when my husband goes out there they follow him around the pen. heck my 5 yr old newphew was here and he went out that can was petting the chickens. come spring we will add more plus some turkeys. but it dont really matter what kind of pet or livestock it is my husband makes fast friends with them all.

o

That's such a great picture, Mountain Lady! I really envy you your chickens. Now that our horses are all running in greener pastures, and we're both retired, we'd thought about re-fitting our little barn and getting a few hens. Trouble is they would be pets because we couldn't bring ourselves to kill them, so they'd be with us for life, and we'd be tied down with them. (You can board a dog, cat, horse, or even a caged bird if you want to go on vacation, but not a flock of chickens!) I wish we could tho. I have a feeling they'd take to my hubby like yours have to your other half!

o

Looks like they have a great coop,too. I get chicken fever every Spring but have yet to act upon it.

o

These pics are great! I'm jealous of your wide open spaces. I really miss living in the country. What state do you live in, Mountain Lady?
My friend has chickens and she loves backyardchickens. com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backyard Chickens

o

We live in Eastern Montana .... Wide open and Big skys... We love it here. I thank you for the link . I might have to check them out ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here