Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pee-resistant doormat?

Posted by alisonn (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 14:40

Short question: Realized cat has been peeing on the doormat OUTSIDE the door. After I clean the area with vinegar (other suggestions?), I'm thinking that maybe there is a doormat out there that won't feel so welcoming on kitty feet. Any ideas?

Longer clarification: Yes--cat has been to the vet numerous times, went from indoor cat several years ago to an outdoor cat. She also like to take a poop on the deck on occasion. She is allowed supervised visits in the family room with us and sleeps in a huge cage indoors at night. We have 2.17 acres for her to use as a toilet, but I guess she likes to do her business close to home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pee-resistant doormat?

It's possible there's another cat in the neighborhood leaving its mark, but try cleaning it with an enzyme made for cat urine. Vinegar does nothing to remove the odor cats can smell.

I would treat the area all around and under, the doormat then buy a new mat.

o

annz could be right. Have you actually seen your cat doing the business on the mat or deck?

o

Its always recommended to keep your cat indoors. Especially if you have that much property, cats make great snacks for hawks and other country critters. If shes not fixed and goes into heat, other male cats will mark your door also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here