Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC

cat_mom
11 years ago

I volunteer at an area No-Kill shelter (I am NOT associated in any way with the shelter in my thread's subject line--I live in a different state, far from NC). The area shelter is a non-profit organization. They are limited as to funds, and space, and still go above and beyond for the cats and dogs in their care.

I often receive "please cross-post" requests via email from a friend, who is a former board member of the shelter. They have mostly been for individual cats in need of fostering or adoptions, but this email especially caught my eye, because of the large number of animals at risk of euthanasia.

I hope I am not violating GW policy, but am posting this thread on the chance that someone (or a few someones) in our GW community might be able to help, or forward this thread to a rescue group or shelter that could help. I know many shelters are busting at the seams with kittens and puppies this tine of year, but I had to forward this on the off-chance that someone who sees this will have space (I have forwarded this to persons at the shelter where I volunteer as well, but I know they are limited as to the numbers they can bring in).

Thank you for reading this and for passing it along if you can.

The following dogs and cats are located at the Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC. Please contact csdeans95@gmail.com () AND adm0403@yahoo.com () if you are able to help.

SHELTER COMPLETELY OUT OF ROOM! MANY ANIMALS WILL BE GASSED OR KILLED VIA HEART STICK IF NOT RESCUED OR ADOPTED ASAP! ANIMALS CAN BE KILLED AS EARLY AS THURSDAY MORNING. Many MUST be out by Friday at closing, which is NOON. WE ARE PLEADING FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!

FREE transport this weekend leaving Henderson, NC at midnight Friday night, 8/24, headed I-95 North to NJ. The shelter is critically FULL! Our pits, adults, puppies, cats and kittens are in grave danger and ANIMALS ARE STEADY COMING IN. Note that the shelter labels "pits" based on looks alone. Many are picked up as strays and if any resemblance to a pit, they are labeled pit.

The following dogs and cats are located at the Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC. Please contact csdeans95@gmail.com AND adm0403@yahoo.com if you are able to help.

Vance County Animal Shelter

165 Vance Academy Road

Henderson, NC 27537

PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for more animals and more pics; Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society of Henderson. (PLEASE SHARE, SHARE, SHARE)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194803073923571.47892.192733960797149&type=3

Comments (3)