Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC

Posted by cat_mom (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 14:31

I volunteer at an area No-Kill shelter (I am NOT associated in any way with the shelter in my thread's subject line--I live in a different state, far from NC). The area shelter is a non-profit organization. They are limited as to funds, and space, and still go above and beyond for the cats and dogs in their care.

I often receive "please cross-post" requests via email from a friend, who is a former board member of the shelter. They have mostly been for individual cats in need of fostering or adoptions, but this email especially caught my eye, because of the large number of animals at risk of euthanasia.

I hope I am not violating GW policy, but am posting this thread on the chance that someone (or a few someones) in our GW community might be able to help, or forward this thread to a rescue group or shelter that could help. I know many shelters are busting at the seams with kittens and puppies this tine of year, but I had to forward this on the off-chance that someone who sees this will have space (I have forwarded this to persons at the shelter where I volunteer as well, but I know they are limited as to the numbers they can bring in).

Thank you for reading this and for passing it along if you can.

The following dogs and cats are located at the Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC. Please contact csdeans95@gmail.com (< @ gmail.com >) AND adm0403@yahoo.com (< @ yahoo.com >) if you are able to help.

SHELTER COMPLETELY OUT OF ROOM! MANY ANIMALS WILL BE GASSED OR KILLED VIA HEART STICK IF NOT RESCUED OR ADOPTED ASAP! ANIMALS CAN BE KILLED AS EARLY AS THURSDAY MORNING. Many MUST be out by Friday at closing, which is NOON. WE ARE PLEADING FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!
FREE transport this weekend leaving Henderson, NC at midnight Friday night, 8/24, headed I-95 North to NJ. The shelter is critically FULL! Our pits, adults, puppies, cats and kittens are in grave danger and ANIMALS ARE STEADY COMING IN. Note that the shelter labels "pits" based on looks alone. Many are picked up as strays and if any resemblance to a pit, they are labeled pit.
The following dogs and cats are located at the Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC. Please contact csdeans95@gmail.com AND adm0403@yahoo.com if you are able to help.
Vance County Animal Shelter
165 Vance Academy Road
Henderson, NC 27537
PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for more animals and more pics; Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society of Henderson. (PLEASE SHARE, SHARE, SHARE)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194803073923571.47892.192733960797149&type=3

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vance County Animal Shelter in Henderson, NC

I don't know if it's in violation of anything but it's just so sad, I kind of think it's the same story everywhere. This is basically the exact same message at our county's dog pound. So many people turning their dogs lose or bringing them in because of financial problems and having to move into places that do not accept dogs. It's just another sign of the terrible economy. People still refuse to have their animals spayed/neutered and I see puppies and kitten at the flea market being sold and in my head I say "well they'll be at the pound as soon as they aren't cute puppies anymore"..UGH!

o

It's horribly sad. I really wish this country would wake up and start passing some laws about breeding animals. I know that there are many rescue organizations and our humane societies here in the north that are shipping boatloads of animals from the south all the time, bc shelters are so full. I'll put up on my FB page FWIW.

o

If you aren't doing it already, I recommend that you post this on the nearest Craigslist board for your area. You'll reach people who are local and looking for a pet.
Also, do they post on Petfinder? I know many people who have found shelter/rescue pets because they are willing to drive a little further to get a specific breed or particularly cute dog or cat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here