Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dog play area ideas please! :)

Posted by kelliu (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 13:09

I am looking for fun ideas for our dog yard.

I have heard of burying tires in the ground. Has anyone done this? Do the dogs use it? I was thinking of putting three or four together to make a tunnel. Any other fun play ideas?

Also, we are planning to put pea gravel. Any better ideas there?

Thank you!
Kelli

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dog play area ideas please! :)

It would probably really help to know what breed of dog.

They have lots of equipment for dog agility training. It looks like the dogs have fun with it and it's certainly got to be entertaining for the owners.

o

We have a husky and an Australian Cattle Dog. Thanks for your help. :)

o

I have a BC/Aussie mix and a cattle dog mix. My ACD girl is getting older, but will still play with the pup. My pup loves to chase/be chased and have places to run to to hunker down and "hide". A shrub, our utility trailer, a tree trunk -- everything works. Sort of like "base" when playing tag.

They also like to wriggle around in the grass on their backs. And the pup likes the little pool we got them. She gets in and scratches/splashes around and then lies down.

So I guess I'm saying I would want some items in there that would work with how my particular dogs play.

o

Thank you very much, jakebedy. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here