Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Medical term for mouth/gums problems in dogs

debbiep_gw
15 years ago

I'm looking for what this condition is called.I'm not sure if I ever knew the term for it.Its more common in cats but isn't unheard of in dogs.Its something to do with their mouth/gums.Maybe a infection.I remember the vet talking about gingivitis but not sure that was the diagnosis,I don't really remember them calling it by any medical term.In my dog the symptoms are horrible breath and when she touches you with her mouth it leaves the smell on you,her fur wet under her mouth and eats very slowly I'm guessing because of her gums maybe.Last year/fall she drooled alot and there was blood in the drool.She was put to sleep and a light was used to check down her throat,etc.She was fine,no bad teeth either,a little plague that they went ahead and took care of.She was put on antibiotics and they said it would take care of the excessive drooling and bad breath and it did.I've noticed she has began again to have these problems.I believe it was something that can and will reoccur in pets.Anyone know what I'm talking about?I want to google and read up on it.I am waiting on a call back from the vets office to see what needs to be done again..Debbie

Comments (5)