Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

My baby has polycystic kidney disease

kittiemom
13 years ago

We took Magic to the vet for another follow-up regarding a huge single cyst he had last year that basically filled his abdomen. No sign of that one, but the ultrasound showed polycystic kidney disease, which wasn't present on the ultrasound last year. The vet also says there are cysts on his liver. His blood tests at this time are all normal; vet says that's excellent. She says she can't give us a time line because there's no way to tell how quickly this will progress. She says he could have as much as two years, but three is unlikely. He will be ten years old next month. She put him on Hill's Prescription Diet k/d food. She says no fluids are necessary at this time as he is showing no symptoms.

I am just devastated. We have no children & Magic is my baby. (We also have two other cats). He is so special. He follows me around the house like a little dog. I'm still trying to get over the initial shock. If anyone here has been through this & has any advice, it would be appreciated. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Comments (2)