Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

introducing presley

Ninapearl
14 years ago

she's here and she's just as sweet as the rescue people told me she was. i don't know how i got so lucky but i think this girl is really gonna do wonders for my heart! she traveled all the way across the state of missouri yesterday so she was SOOO tired when she arrived, we just had lots of quiet time. today, we'll wander the farm and she will learn her boundaries before it gets too stinkin' hot! presley is 9.5 years old, a bit smaller than my other rescue dane and a little on the thin side but she oozes love!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

can we keep her, mom??

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)

• ladybugfruit
    14 years ago

Awwwwwwwwww, she's a beauty. What a wonderful way to help heal your heart! I love her eyes! Congrats.
    LBF

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Beautiful dog - all of them, in fact, are super cute - what a nice furry family you have :)
    Olya

• petra_gw
    14 years ago

She is beautiful, I hope she has many happy years ahead of her!!

• pamghatten
    14 years ago

I'm sure you'll fatten her up soon. She fits right in! Congrats to both of you.

• trinigemini
    14 years ago

Congrats on your new addition. They all seem to get along nicely.

• kim_okla
    14 years ago

Good for you.

• mudlady_gw
    14 years ago

I can't see a tail--is that a Corgi or a Shiba inu?

• Lily316
    14 years ago

She's a real sweetie.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks, everybody. she is SO sweet, very affectionate, seeks me out for ear rubs and just likes to be in the same room with me, whether i'm petting her or not. she's amazingly agile for an senior citizen...she and my other dane girl were flying around the fields this morning having a grand old time.

mudlady, that is simon, my corgi boy. what he lacks in a tail, he makes up for with lots of personality! he does so love the girls! ;)

• mudlady_gw
    14 years ago

Ninapearl,
    I should have checked his leg length before I asked.
    Isn't 9.5 really old for a Dane?
    I transported a huge,soft loveable Siberian on Saturday. He had been in a NC kill shelter and he finally made it up past Rochester, NY even though his original transport fell apart and he had to be boarded in PA for a while. I had the last leg and I got to see his reaction to a beautiful and very large Siberian rescue. I can't afford to add any more adoptees--I have four Sibes and three cats--but I can still feel good and helpful when I transport. Thanks for helping Presley.
    mudlady

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, mudlady, 9.5 is very old for a dane but my lifestyle just won't work for a puppy or even a young, energetic dog. simon has DM (degenerative myelopathy) and he is very weak in the back end. i wanted an older dane that would not be too rambunctious and presley fits the bill perfectly. like ashley, she already knows her limits in the house and saves the zoomies for outside and don't ever let anybody tell you that an old dog can't get a serious case of the zoomies!! :D i love senior dogs, they know they are special and i'm happy go give ashley a nice forever home. she was abandoned and has only been in rescue for about 2 months.

i'm sure it must be a wonderful feeling to take part in a rescue and help with transport. good for you!! i love sibes, used to have two myself. :)

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

Oh she's precious!!!! Big hug to her.

• shellm
    14 years ago

She's GORGEOUS.Thank you for giving an older,big dog a forever home.My Drake[Choc Lab] was abused severly and so skinny he skull was showing.He is the biggest sweetheart and so appreciative.We have had him almost 4yrs now,he is 5 1/2 yrs old.God Bless you both.

Shelley