Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetchastity

Crate training Punkin - Anxious or spoiled?

sweetchastity
13 years ago

When I try to get Punkin to rest in his crate for short periods of time, to train him, he'll just whine and howl and carry on. I think he went as long as half an hour once. I worry that it might be anxiety so I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on how long should a puppy whine before they settle down? I know each puppy is an individual but I wonder at what point is it too much where it might be cruel to keep him in it longer. He is spoiled, he wants his way and doesn't like any sort of restriction in his environment but he has also demonstrated anxious behaviour so I'm not sure if he's carrying on because he thinks he'll eventually get his way or if he's in distress.

Also when Punkin sleeps in our bed he shuffles so much like he can't find a comfortable spot. He digs deeper under or between pillows then after a few minutes gets up and goes to the end of the bed or just turns around. He seems to do this all night long, least while I'm awake, I'm wondering if this behaviour would make sleeping in a crate difficult?

Comments (2)