Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for two older Keeshounds taken to a rescue...

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 27, 09 at 23:58

Jeannette Schuler died recently- Milwaukee area. Her 2 Keeshounds already had an agreed upon home. Jeannette's sister took the dogs to a Keeshound rescue.
The dogs were in the Milwaukee area.
They are both older- 16 and 10.
I have contacted everyone at the Central States Keeshound rescues- please keep a lookout.

This message has been posted for a friend as story was told to me.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for two older Keeshounds taken to a rescue...

Surely the sister knows where she took them?
or to whom she gave them?

You might also try Petfinders.

I wish you the best.

o

Found them within hours- thanks to rescue of Central United States/Keeshonds

o

Thank you for letting us know.

This reminds me that our pets need to be mentioned in our wills, and all relatives need to understand where we wish our animals to go after we pass on.

o

A good reminder to all of us with pets to have their lives planned if something happens to us.

o

Oh yeah - great story.

o

So happy you found them - I have an American Eskimo - same "family" - although white - I wish my guy had the Keeshond colouring. We have provided for our dog in our wills - Plan A and Plan B people - but in Canada the people can take the money and not the dog/cat etc. I wish they would change the laws - my dog is not a chattel. Thank you for posting that you found the dogs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here