Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robhb

cat dental problem

robhb
12 years ago

My 10 year old female cat is ferile from almost day one. Very hard to handle. She is not a affectionate cat. I recently observed she never let me inspect her. She lost almost all her teeth. She has 3 or 4 teath left. I brought her to the vet and the doctor said she had a bad infection in her mouth. She is going to pull the rest. The vet did a blood test and all was normal. She said I should have the rest pulled. I'm leaving on vacation and won't be home for a week. I didn't want the vet to do it without me be home to observe her. The vet said she don't think the cat is in pain. I've noticed her mouth is open ofthn with her tongue sticking out. I have a lot of problems. The vet said dry cat food would be alright. I have noticed when she drinks water it dripples down her mouth after she done. I'm not sure if she's eating. I left her at the vet overnight and the vet said she was eating and drinking. Remember she's ferile and rarely comes out to I go to work or bed. I don't know what to do. Any advise. By the way the vet gave her a strong shot of antibiotic that last 2 weeks. Someone please give me advise. I'm leaving Sunday. I leave my 3 cats with lots of food and water. I have someone checking them 2 or 3 times during the week. Thanks

Comments (4)