Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Cat and kitten feeding dilemma

caliloo
11 years ago

New poster here - please be kind :-)

Two years ago we adopted an older female (8 - 10 yo estimate) from a three cat household. The previous owners had lost their home to foreclosure and I really only wanted one cat at the time, despite that the other two housemates were available. Fast forward 2 years, my kids fell in love with a 3 month old male kitten at another rescue, and I gave in to the sweet little boy face. Over the last two months of gradual introduction, they are getting along very well.

Here is my dilemma. She has always been fed (since she lived here) 1/2 can of Natural Balance each morning and evening, with free choice of Taste of the Wild Trout and Smoked Salmon dry food. He gets up to a full can morning and evening of the same flavor Natural Balance (I am careful to make sure they are offered the same flavor at each feeding) and free choice Blue Buffalo Kitten dry food. They are fed about 9 feet apart in the kitchen and a few minutes into each meal when they are about 50% finished with the wet food, they decide to trade eating spots. Neither is going for the remaining wet food, they want each others dry food! They will return to their own spots to finish wet food and then call it an experience.

Do I need to be worried about older cat eating BB dry kitten food or 5 month old kitten eating adult dry? There is no stress or fighting, I am just worried about nutritional content.

Thoughts?

Alexa

Comments (3)