Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you spray OFF on dogs?

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 20:39

I live in Florida. Mosquitos are so bad you can't step outside at night for more than a minute without getting multiple bites. Terrible. I spray myself, but my poor dog is getting eaten alive. Short hair, Pointer.

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you spray OFF on dogs?

Talk to your vet.

EDIT:

Do a search "Inspect repellant for dogs"
Seems various pet stores sell several brands specifically for dogs

Here is a link that might be useful: dog stuff

This post was edited by jean001a on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 20:45

o

My friend in Fla. uses Avon Skin so Soft on her yorkie, I would not use Off on a dog, as Jean stated contact your vet and see what he suggests. My girlfriend said she's never seen anything like the mosquitoes down there. Good Luck, let us know what you decide to use on your fur baby.
Christine

o

I would not use off because they lick themselves. If you ever go to the rain forest take deet or you will be sorry. When skin so soft was popular tourist were taking it to the rainforests. They learned the hard way it doesn't work and it probably attracted mosquitoes if there is a fragrance in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here