Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our new addition, Louie

Posted by jomuir (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 20:14

We lost our elderly cat Asia late last summer and have had 1 housecat since. DH was offered a kitten at work & brought him home. The lady said he was 9 wks old, which I thought may be a bit young, but then when the vet saw him, he said he was more likely 7 wks old! He was only 1.7#.

Well, he's a sweetie & has done just fine with us, though I wish he'd had a few more wks with his mom & littermates (DH was told all the kittens had homes & momma cat was already at the vet getting spayed when he got her). We're calling him Louie & he's a real pistol. He has to be in the middle of everything, & is generally a little busybody. When his timer runs out & he has to sleep, he curls up with anyone, dog, cat or person & recharges his batteries.

Louie surveying his kingdom
Rrrroar">

Sammy & Louie
I'll get you!”>

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our new addition, Louie

Ahwww! What a cutie.

o

Oh what a little sweetie! Lucky him and lucky YOU!

o

I had an almost all black kitty that had white feet. Her name was "Tootsie" she lived to be about 20 ! : )

o

Thanks all. Lisa, if Louie ends up living to 20 like Tootsie, it'll be a blessing!

o

OMG, so cute! And it looks like Sammy's playing with him? How great is that!!

o

posted by betsyhac....And it looks like Sammy's playing with him? How great is that!!

Playing, killing, almost the same, lol.
Sammy has been working very hard on teaching Louie how to be a Good Kitten. Louie watched him do everything for the first week here, it was so cute. Now Louie seems intent on taking over the world, starting with our house. Look out world, he's on his way!

o

Precious!

o

Bless you for caring for the new furbaby....One of our furkids is black with 1 tiny white paw...There's something special about black cats, the fur is like velvet......I can see many, many years of love headed your way.....

o

Cute baby! And I love how Sammy has adopted him. Good luck with the whole furbaby family :-)

Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here