Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jomuir

Our new addition, Louie

jomuir
11 years ago

We lost our elderly cat Asia late last summer and have had 1 housecat since. DH was offered a kitten at work & brought him home. The lady said he was 9 wks old, which I thought may be a bit young, but then when the vet saw him, he said he was more likely 7 wks old! He was only 1.7#.

Well, he's a sweetie & has done just fine with us, though I wish he'd had a few more wks with his mom & littermates (DH was told all the kittens had homes & momma cat was already at the vet getting spayed when he got her). We're calling him Louie & he's a real pistol. He has to be in the middle of everything, & is generally a little busybody. When his timer runs out & he has to sleep, he curls up with anyone, dog, cat or person & recharges his batteries.

Louie surveying his kingdom

">

Sammy & Louie

âÂÂ>

Comments (9)

• glaserberl
    11 years ago

Ahwww! What a cutie.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Oh what a little sweetie! Lucky him and lucky YOU!

• lisa11310
    11 years ago

I had an almost all black kitty that had white feet. Her name was "Tootsie" she lived to be about 20 ! : )

• jomuir
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all. Lisa, if Louie ends up living to 20 like Tootsie, it'll be a blessing!

• betsyhac
    11 years ago

OMG, so cute! And it looks like Sammy's playing with him? How great is that!!

• jomuir
    Original Author
    11 years ago

posted by betsyhac....And it looks like Sammy's playing with him? How great is that!!

Playing, killing, almost the same, lol.
    Sammy has been working very hard on teaching Louie how to be a Good Kitten. Louie watched him do everything for the first week here, it was so cute. Now Louie seems intent on taking over the world, starting with our house. Look out world, he's on his way!

• petaloid
    11 years ago

Precious!

• SunnyDJ
    11 years ago

Bless you for caring for the new furbaby....One of our furkids is black with 1 tiny white paw...There's something special about black cats, the fur is like velvet......I can see many, many years of love headed your way.....

• caliloo
    11 years ago

Cute baby! And I love how Sammy has adopted him. Good luck with the whole furbaby family :-)

Alexa