Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any one else own whippets?

Posted by angiepangie (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 18:28

I have two females. Any one else own whippets???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any one else own whippets?

I have either a long haired whippet, or a whippet mix.

Molly was starved and has a food allergy---which complicated her early stray year or so. She was also the most timid dog I have ever seen---and I worked for a vet for several years.

o
RE: Any one else own whippets?

Mine is a whippet mix. Good watchdog. Will let the neighbors dogs eat out of his food bowl while he eats. But when I put out water for him while we are away from home, he drinks and immediately shreds/tears his paper/plastic bowl. If it is a metal bowl he picks it up, tosses out the water and drops it.

Had a 5 gallon bucket out brewing compost tea. Dog liked it at least as much as fresh water. My last dog seemed to like greenish stale water more than fresh water. Maybe they don't like residual fluoride of tap water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here