Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
incubating duck eggs

Posted by nuttyma (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 17:29

I am having problems at the end of incubation the ducks don't hatch they die I don't know what I am doning worng I have done two tries now and only got one egg. It is very hart breaking my humidity is at 65% for 27 days the 85% for the 3 days of hatching and my temp is 99.5. The ducks fully devellop but do not pippe out or they get so big they can not move in the egg to work there way out. Anybody have any ideas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: incubating duck eggs

It could be any number of things. I would first double check the thermometer and the hydromenter in the incubator. How often the eggs are turned also plays a roll.
The following forum may be of help:
http://ponds.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Call

The link below has a lot of good, basic info. I used to raise hookbills and once pipping started, and I knew the chick was in trouble, I didn't hesitate to help. It's a long tedious process but quite rewarding if you're confident in your ability to help the chick.
Google for more info on aiding a hatchling if you want to try it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Basic info

o
RE: incubating duck eggs

I dont mind helping at all but they never made it to pipping the one that did make it I helped once I saw it was pipping. Then that is when I checked the rest and they all were dead settled at the bottom of the bigger end of the egg. The eggs still had liqued in it but the duck itself looked dried out at the air pocket end when i broke the egg open to see if they were alive and i did this very slowly and made a small hole with tweezers. I also bought a new thermometer/hydromenter after the first batch did not make it. I also have a auto turner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here