Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

maggie has her angel wings

Ninapearl
14 years ago

11/26/97 - 7/30/09

maggie has her angel wings. i'm sure she flew right past God and found her daddy, gary and flag, her old husky buddy. what a joyous reunion it must have been for all 3 of them! i wish i could have been there. i wish i could be there now but i can't.

RIP maggie. you got me through the hardest time in my life and i thank you for that. you were such a good girl, always a comfort to me when i didn't think i could put one foot in front of the other. i will miss you SO much. i hope you remembered to give your daddy my message. i wish i could have made you all better but i couldn't. i will see you again some day, my sweet little lollipop kid. you be nice to all the other dogs! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Comments (22)

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

She was a beauty.

• mazer415
    14 years ago

Ohhh what a sweet baby...Sorry you have only footprints on your heart now and not the owner of the to cuddle and care for. I hope your time with her was beneficial to you both.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

• weed30 St. Louis
    14 years ago

Ninapearl, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your heart is broken, but you gave her a great life, and one day you'll be together again. RIP, sweet Maggie.

• petra_gw
    14 years ago

I am so sorry!!

• ladybugfruit
    14 years ago

(((((((Ninapearl)))))))) so sorry for your loss. What an amazing gift to have such a special angel with you in difficult days. I know there is nothing that can temper the pain of her loss, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Our special furangels leave an impression on our hearts that never goes away. When the pain is not so fresh, I know that once again she will make your heart smile with all of the wonderful memories you made together.
    My deepest condolences.
    LBF

• trinigemini
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry. Will these posts ever stop making me cry :-(

• lisa11310
    14 years ago

OH Nina! My heart breaks for you. Maggie is shurly saying..I love you to Moma and I stayed there as long as I could for you. Thank you for not letting me suffer. You loved me and Daddy so much, he says your not just a Pearl but a GEM the most beautiful gem in the world! Im sure Gary is smiling with "his" Maggie girl in one arm and Flag in the other. They know you still have time in your life and love in your heart for other furbabies. Keep one foot in front of the other Nina, your not done yet, there are others that need you and love you. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

• Lily316
    14 years ago

Maggie was beautiful. I'm sorry for your pain.

• momof2doxies
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Maggie was lucky to have had a great doggie mom like you.

Linda

• prairie_love
    14 years ago

I am so sorry. It is always heartbreaking when one of these beautiful companions leaves us, but yours is particularly poignant.

trini - the answer is no.

• Meghane
    14 years ago

I am so sorry. Maggie had a wonderful mom and a long happy life.

• petaloid
    14 years ago

I know Maggie watches over you from doggy heaven with a big, loving smile on her pretty face. Our Brandon and Suzy are romping and playing with her too. Hugs to you, ninapearl!

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thank you all, so much. simon, maggie's corgi brother and ashley, their great dane sister, and i just came back from our first evening walk without my girl. i thought i could do this without crying but i could not. i miss her so much, i wonder...will i ever heal from this loss? maggie was extra special to me because she loved my husband so and he adored her. what a special, special girl she will always be.

now i need to concentrate on pulling myself together because i know simon and ashley are picking up on my stress. from now on, i'll go outside without them when i need to cry.

thank you again for your lovely sentiments. i know maggie and gary are watching over us, i take some measure of comfort in that. i know it will take time. lots and lots of time.

(((hugs))) to you all!

• prairie_love
    14 years ago

i wonder...will i ever heal from this loss?

When the first dog DH and I had together died, I remember saying to him "I don't see how I can possibly ever be happy again". But of course, I did become happy again eventually. Until we lost the next one. And then a bit over a year ago we lost Chinook, the hardest death we'd had to deal with yet. This time I really didn't think I could get over it. In addition to the sadness was second-guessing and guilt feelings thinking I could/should have done something differently...I do still cry for her. I do so understand your feeling of "I will never heal".

But you will. It will take time and there will always be a hole in your heart, but you will eventually be able to think of her with a smile and sadness, but with less of the heartwrenching pain. Of course you cried yesterday, it is still so soon. I think I cried every day for six months when Chinook died.

Have you seen this? I find it very comforting:

Every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
    by Cheryl Zuccaro

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cheryl, that is absolutely beautiful. i must print that and read it every day!

oh, i know i'll heal a little eventually. i also know i will never heal completely. every dog i have ever lost left pawprints on my heart that are permanent.

obviously, maggie can never, ever be replaced. i have always been one to welcome a new life into the fold very soon. it helps me to have something new to focus on and since i'll be dealing with rescue, i will save a dog that might otherwise be doomed. i have contacted the great dane rescue folks i got my ashley girl from last year and they have a dog that looks like a good possibility.

i miss maggie so much, the finality is beginning to sink in, much like it did a couple of days after my husband passed away. i know the next few days will bring unavoidable meltdowns in the middle of walmart, insomnia, profound sadness. at least this time, i know what to expect. *sigh*

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oops, sorry prairie love...i just noticed that cheryl is the author. such a wise woman!

• kim_okla
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• alisande
    14 years ago

What a lovely dog Maggie is! Those of us who love our animals are having a tough month, I'd say.

Beautiful message about pieces of our hearts.

(((Ninapearl)))

• alisande
    14 years ago

I should have said "Some of us who love our pets . . . " Sorry.

• yborgal
    14 years ago

How sad that she's gone. But how wonderful that she gave you so much love during the time you had her.

• biwako_of_abi
    14 years ago

Maggie was so beautiful and intelligent-looking. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post has me crying.

• Ninapearl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i've been waiting and asking maggie for a sign that she is settled in with her daddy. last night, as the sky cleared after a pop up shower, i looked out the window and saw it...a beautiful rainbow right outside my front door. now i know for sure, maggie and gary are together. rainbows have a very special meaning to me...shortly before my husband passed away, he told me to watch for rainbows and that when i saw one, it meant he was thinking about me. it brings me some measure of peace even though i miss both of them SO much!

thank you all again for your kind words. (((hugs)))