Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurief_gw

Meghane, need food recommendation, please

laurief_gw
13 years ago

Hi Meg,

I am trying to find a source for a homemade diet for a cat with a history of calcium oxalate urinary stone formation. I seem to remember you posting a link some time back to a veterinary nutritionist who creates such custom diets. Did you post a link like that, or have I gotten you confused with someone else? If you do know of a source for custom veterinary diets, would you please post the link again?

The cat in question belongs to a friend whose vet has recommended C/D kibble (which I always thought was formulated to discourage struvite formation, not oxalate). This cat is apparently a very stubborn kibblehead who refuses any canned foods, but we're hoping he might be willing to convert to a homemade diet. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a more species-inappropriate ingredient list than that of C/D kibble, so the idea of feeding that to this cat seems counterproductive, to say the least.

Anyway, if you can provide any guidance to point us in the direction of a suitable homemade diet for this boy, it would be much appreciated.

Laurie

Comments (4)