Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog arrested

Posted by sunshines (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 8, 09 at 16:50

Dog arrested for eating owner's rent

Last week a woman was arrested for stealing money from her ex-husband's bank account because her dog ate her checkbook. A man in Kenya has one-upped her. Robert Njeru, 25, says that his dog ate his rent money. Njeru says he went to work with the money on his bed, but that the dog shredded the $40 while he was gone. That's not the stupid part. Njeru then took the dog to the local police station and demanded the dog be arrested. Well, that will never happen, right? It did after Njeru slipped the officer a little something for the trouble. And by little something, we're talking the equivalent of 65 cents. When the chief found out, the officer was fired, and the dog returned to Njeru. The dog is now for sale, with an asking price of 26 cents.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog arrested

NO accounting for human stupidity

o

How many bones needed to be posted for the bail?

o

In Canada, if you can present more than half of a bank note at a bank, you can get credit for the entire value. My friend, who works for a bank, says she has no choice to accept the pieces, even if they have been through a dog. But she prefers if they are encased in zip-lock baggies upon presentation....

o

ewwww. I once had a dog demolish a book I had borrowed from our library. I took it back in pieces with the offer to pay for a new one. The librarian looked at the title, and told me no charge, they had a fund for such things. The title was "How to train your Dog". LOL

o

The same thing happened to me. My greyhound Ruby ate a dog training book from the library but it cost me $25.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here