Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My dog Lucy has been throwing up.

Posted by shankmyspine (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 16:31

I would like to know if dogs can have Peppermint. I think that may help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My dog Lucy has been throwing up.

Well... you probably need to figure out why Lucy is throwing up--but to calm an upset tummy--ginger is fabulous. I always have crystallized ginger for myself, but I suspect Lucy would like it best in Ginger Snap cookie form. Be sure to brush her teeth afterwards because I'd hate to be thought of as promoting tooth decay. Ginger is fine for my dogs my vet has informed me--so I'd guess it would be okay for Lucy if she's generally healthy.

o

So, IF YOU WERE THROWING UP, and someone gave you peppermint. DO you think you would stop throwing up??
Seriously, call a vet.

o

Actually yeah anytime I got sick ans it was my stomach my mom would make me drink peppermint tea, and I did cal the vet. I just wanted to know if it could help till could get her to the a vet.

Thanks for the advise derenka she seems to feel better. But I think I'm still going to bring her to the vet to make sure.

^_^ shankmyspine

o

I hope you will try to figure out why she was throwing up. Sometimes my dogs do that, for no reason that I can see, but other times it is because they ate something that didn't agree with them.

Please let us know how it goes.

o

Of course I will keep you updated. I looked around her sleeping area and It looks like she got into my brothers room and ate somthing that looks like pieces of a bouncy ball. Feels rubbery.

o

Then she could be blocked, which is a surgical emergency. She needs to see a vet now and get x-rays. Good luck.

o

Posted by mazer (My Page) on Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 17:42

So, IF YOU WERE THROWING UP, and someone gave you peppermint. DO you think you would stop throwing up??
Seriously, call a vet.

LOL

I'm actually allergic to mint ;)

o

dabunch "What kind of toothe paste do you use?"

My dog seems to be back to her playful annoying self. I'm so happy. I was very worried. But I still made an appointment for her to go to the vet, because my brothers dog was also sick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here