Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First pictures of my fur babies to share.

Posted by soinspired (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 14:55

Here's are my fur babies... Both rescued just a year ago from our local humane society. The little guy is Harley, 7 years old and a Pomeranian mix and the bigger one is Lilly about 3. Both are just lovely dogs, well mannered and absolutely no problem. Got them about three months apart. I shaved them down about five weeks ago. Otherwise, they have long, long hair. We just adore them and they seem to adore us too.

Harley & Lilly

And, this is Bob. We found her at in our bushes about 7 years ago. All three lovies get along so well.

Kitty Bob Laying Down

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First pictures of my fur babies to share.

Oh what a beautiful clan of furbies. Your Bob is a cat after my own heart. He resembles my old Tom Cat Hobbes who passed away last year. I sure love Tabbies.

o

Thanks for sharing the photos -- what cute pets you have!

o

Adorable furbabies indeed

o

Thanks for your comments. I so appreciate it. Actually both of our dogs were on the shelter's "Urgent" list. Meaning they didn't have much time left. I so urge everyone to visit your shelter to adopt a pet.

o

What cuties! Love Bob's name!

o

"Actually both of our dogs were on the shelter's "Urgent" list. Meaning they didn't have much time left. I so urge everyone to visit your shelter to adopt a pet."

Our dog was a shelter rescue as well. He had been there awhile and not even given a shelter name, and an employee had shared with me that they were considering sending him to a special training program and then not taking him back. Whoa.......

I'm assuming because they didn't think he was going to be particularly adoptable and who would want a skinny little Heinz fifty seven like that? Well, being a terrier person myself, I knew he was special as soon as I lay eyes on him. He wasn't skinny......he was at least part Italian greyhound/terrier mix, perhaps full blooded Iggy. This house has been a three-ring circus since he arrived and we get so much joy from his antics. At one year old, he came housebroken, car comfortable, and furniture trained. How lucky can you get?

o

Calliope, my family thinks the same with our pups. How did we get so lucky? But, both our sons have each adopted a dog from the HS and both are just lovely dogs. When we get all four together they interact so well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here