Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the best brand of dog toothpaste?

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 16, 09 at 14:21

Can you make your own? I have tried different brands and she does not like any of them. And she doesn't like the dual ended toothbrushes or finger tip glove toothbrush I have used. Anything else I should try?

It is a real effort to brush her teeth, but she gets a lot of plaque build up. And I can't afford the once a year $300-400 dental cleaning any more, so trying to keep them as clean as possible.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the best brand of dog toothpaste?

How about some raw bones to gnaw on? Our dog is nine and he gets a couple raw bones a week. His teeth are pretty darn clean. Our vet sells toothpaste but has never suggested it for Spot.
Katharina

o
RE: What is the best brand of dog toothpaste?

Katharina - Thanks for the reply.

But I would really like to have some recommendations for toothpaste. She really builds up plaque on her teeth and it needs to be cleaned off or she gets infected gums. She was a rescue and had really bad teeth from the start due to a very poor diet her first year or two and lost some teeth because of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here