Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetchastity

Puppy names

sweetchastity
13 years ago

Not sure what is going on with my other post but was wondering if you guys could help us think of a name for our lil guy.

Comments (7)

• christine1950
    13 years ago

My first thought is Oreo LOL... What a cutie pie !!!!!!

• sephia
    13 years ago

Naming a pet is a pretty personal choice. Here is a website that has thousands of names - perhaps one may "be the one."

Here is a link that might be useful: Puppy Names

• sweetchastity
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lol Oreo is cute Christine1950, I'll see what mom thinks.

Thanks for the link Sephia. I went to a few sites and really didn't like the names there. We don't want people names for him. Mom keeps calling him Punkin and it might catch on but we still want to throw a few names around. We usually have big dogs which might be why we are having trouble naming him.

• beegood_gw
    13 years ago

I would call him Panda ' Not quite like one but close.

• calliope
    13 years ago

So, did you decide to keep him instead of the chihuahua/FT mix? Or keep two, or all three? LOL.

• sweetchastity
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well we are keeping Peanut and we will keep him unless a friend of the family wants one. I think mom wants to keep him and the two of them are great buddies. Surprisingly he sleeps fine without his little brother, but he has to sleep on the bed with us and he shifts a lot trying to shove himself between and under pillows. I think he's trying to simulate sleeping at home with his mom and siblings. I'm taking stuffed toys and putting them around him when he lies down to make him comfortable. It is likely we are going to be keeping him. The name Punkin has grown on us so we are calling him Punkin.

Two are more manageable than three. She has the most stamina and energy so after playing for a while Punkin will lie down for a rest and we'll put him up on the sofa or bed so she can't pester him. Peanut will play well by herself until she's tired and then we put her in her crate. She doesn't mind her crate, she is reluctant to come out once she's been napping in it. But she's like a child who says "I'm not sleepy" as they yawn while you put them to bed. She will whine and try to get her way but we are firm and try not to coddle or spoil her.

All in all the stress level in the house has come down considerably. My brother says their little guy is doing well and has no accidents. We don't have accidents either. When they pee/poo on the carpet its completely intentional. They play outside and hold it until they come in, lol. We're being patient and will keep plugging along. Maybe I can get two to walk on a leash since three was impossible.

• calliope
    13 years ago

" My brother says their little guy is doing well and has no accidents. We don't have accidents either. When they pee/poo on the carpet its completely intentional. They play outside and hold it until they come in, lol."

First belly laugh of the day!