Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post FHO surgery

Posted by savagp (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 11:34

Our beagle Winston had FHO surgery about 2 weeks ago and he doesn't seem to want to use that leg at all. He will not put it down or bear any weight on it at all. He just seems to want to lay on the couch and sleep. He doesn't seem to want to play with his brother either like he used to. How do we get him to use that leg?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post FHO surgery

I would take him back to the vet and have him checked out. Your vet would probably have better advice than what anyone here could provide you.

o

I agree, could have an infection or other post-op complication. Or he could have something else wrong, like a luxating patella. At the very least, he needs pain meds, as non weight bearing lameness is a sign of severe pain.

o

Hi Meghane - you must be busy - haven't seen your posts in awhile. I always enjoy your educated words of wisdom.

o

Thanks sephia. Actually for some reason, my safari browser decided not to open gardenweb or THS forums any more. I thought the site was down until I switched browsers for other reasons. Have been busy too, but missed it here!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here