Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Class action suit involving many pet foods

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 1:59

Here's the link to the article: http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-settlements/natura-pet-products-class-action-settlement-of-innova-evo-california-natural-healthwise-mother-nature-karma-dog-or-cat-food-product-class-action-lawsuit/

The class action suit is against some of the top and highly rated human-grade, not-from-china, dog food manufacturers: Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature & Karma, all made by Natura.

You may want to scroll down that article's page and read the comments posted.

There were a number of problems in 2008 with Innova and cyanuric acid and melamine plastic containant from China, finding broken piece of glass in the bag, and hair. See eye-opening source with photos: http://www.itchmo.com/innova-testing-results-posted-by-ceo-of-naturapet-1845

My personal experience with EVO pet food was that In April or May of this year, I found white and black hard spots of something in this dry dog food so I returned the food, along with the article I printed out from the above reference source, and decided to never buy anything from this company or their subsidiaries or sister-companies EVER again.

These kinds of business practices are unconscionable, and visited on the most innocent of all, our beloved pets who love us unconditionally and trust us to care for them!!!

Sooz
Dog Lover From Birth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Class action suit involving many pet foods

While the class action is a good idea, most plaintiffs wont get much money and it may not change much. Hopefully it will force pet food companies to inspect their prodcuts on a regular basis.
The problem with most "I found something in the bag" suits is that it is hard to prove where the debris in the bag actually came from and the companies will fight the suits on that one item. Probably stating debris could come from shipping or the pet store etc...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here