Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
motherofky

my kitten keeps urinating on my bedclothes

motherofky
13 years ago

About 6 weeks ago, we found a stray kitten in our yard. It was cold, so we brought her inside and posted flyers. Since nobody responded, we decided to keep her.

Everything was fine for 3 or 4 weeks, but for some reason unknown to us, she decided that our bed was the perfect place to pee. It was happening anywhere from once a week to once a day. At first she was peeing while we slept, but we figured out that it was because she didn't like the dark, so we started leaving the closet light on. That seemed to be the solution, but only for a week or so. We can't lock her out of the room at night, because our other cats won't keep quiet if the door isn't open.

Now she pees on all of the beds in the house, but only when they have bedclothes on them. If they're just bare mattresses, she leaves them alone. Tonight my girlfriend was taking the laundry out of the dryer, and she set the blankets on the stairs for literally one minute. In that space of time, Halo managed to pee on all of them.

Having read some of the other threads, we immediately went out and got her a litter box of her very own. Hopefully this will help. We also plan to get her to the vet as soon as humanly possible, we just need to actually find a vet.

If anyone has any other remedies, please, please let me know.

Comments (4)