Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Life is Good

Posted by momof2doxies (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 21:52

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just thought I would drop in and say hello to all. We moved a few months ago and have been busy every waking minute since. The girls have all settled in. Ethel just loves spending her time getting a suntan. Lily is a redhead so she doesn't get much sun time. Lucy now has a split personality. She thinks she is part cat. She spends her outdoor time batting a rock back and forth so it is hard to get a good picture of her. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to get back to posting again soon.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Life is Good

Aren't they irresistable when they lie on their backs like that! lol

o

Okay, as a brand new mother of one doxie, very similar to your first picture what can you tell me about these dogs. Mine is a three year old?? rescue from a W.VA kill shelter. I've had him for ten days and he's a sweet boy, but I had to get the police on him today. I live on almost 1/2 acre which is surrounded by a four foot high picket fence. Along the back is a board fence. I had a greyhound for 10 years who never left the property. When I got my other rescue dog two years ago, the foster mom walked the property and had me reinforce gaps that the dog might use to escape with fencing which I did. He's a Boston Terrier mix. The doxie foster mom walked the property and pointed out places where we added extra protection. Still I tether if I'm going inside for a minute. But I was out in the yard and when I called he didn't come. That's not unusual if he's eyeballing one of a gazillion squirrels which live in my yard. I realized he was gone. I just panicked knowing I have a busy street out front. I began combing the neighborhood. He has a big red heart tag with all info but his name is new to him. I spotted our policeman and enlisted his help. Just as I was really freaking , I saw the cruiser "herding " Wally down the ally toward me. I called and he ran to me. Police man said he wouldn't come to him. He was about four yards away. So we added yet more protection. Is this typical of the breed? When he comes, I praise him effusively but he IS stubborn.

o

I love the photos -- adorable!

o

They look like they have settled into your new home very well. Great pictures!

o

Your dogs are very sweet. I'm getting to be a doxie lover now. Never knew anything about them before. The pix are darling.

o

GRASS BATH!!

o

LOL. I like grass bath, they wiggle and say, arr arr arr. We call it, she's gone belly up.

Cute pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here