Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'lost/found' dog sites

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 6, 09 at 21:36

I promised a friend I would look into some 'lost/found' dog sites. She found an American Bulldog in Brooksville, Florida. The dog is dog and people friendly, is house trained, is in very good condition, knows to sit on command. There was no response to a 'found' ad in the newspaper or flyers put up. They have contacted the police locally and in nearby towns.
With dog theft so common, I wondered if this dog is from somewhere far away, so want to put an ad online.
I will put it on Craigslist and look for American Bulldog Rescues.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'lost/found' dog sites

Your friend should also take the dog to her vet to have him scanned for a microchip. I hope everyone is microchipping their dogs now for this very reason.

o

She is a vet. She did chip her. Yes, even my horse has a chip.

o
RE: 'lost/found' dog sites -

So the dog was not chipped by the original owner. How sad.

o

On the topic of chips: if you adopt a dog that has already been chipped, be sure and have your dog's chip scanned a few months later. I adopted a previously chipped dog, filled out the paperwork to have the chip info changed, but when my vet scanned her several months later, the info was still from the original owner. In another case, I adopted a dog that didn't work out and had to return her. Months and months later, I got a call from someone who had found this dog running loose, so either the new adopter didn't change the information, or the chip people didn't update it.

o

weed- I have heard of problems with some of the companies- do you remember which one you had used? I have 'Home Again', and they sure have screwed up my yearly renewal.

o

ilmbg, is your post asking what national websites to use? I wish there was only one. A good site--very big--you might try is fido finder. Just type these words into the search engine and you'll find it.

o

Home Again....

o

I've used Petfinder.com, Fidofinder.com, Dogdetective.com and Craigslist. Some sites will let you search by breed. If someone really has lost the dog, they'll appreciate you searching. Good luck.

o

Thanks for the bigger site info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here