Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fear aggression ** update **

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 21:29

--------this is in reply to my older post "Scared dog" .

I made a seperate post so the great people that replied can see how their advice was taken. I did everything that was suggested . * Slapping my forehead - it worked ! *

Here's the original post :
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pets/msg0623430721903.html?6

I did a combination of everything that was suggested . Since I've posted , my son brought his dog over quite a few times. His dog is great . He's border collie & sheltie mix. Even though he's young , he had the patience to stand still and just watch while Poppy freaked out . He stood long enough to let Poppy come to him and smell him . Once she was satisfied "she wouldn't be killed" ... she started to gradually interact. Every visit would get better. Yesterday , when they came over ... I couldn't believe Poppy. She just ran and ran ( that silly kind of run with her butt down - like chase me ! ) It ended up - they played and played till they were pooped. I would have never believed it. It HAPPENED ! I'd love to say this is a happy ending --- but it's just the beginning , she's got a long way to go . Thanks to the replies to my post - I have to tools to at least start with .

**High 5-ing everyone ***

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fear aggression ** update **

EXCELLENT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The feeling you get when a dog begins to loose its fears and becomes happy is one of the greatest feelings a person can have.

o

ahhhh, dogs fixes other dogs behavior issues without incident...YESSSSSS.

o

Congrats ...that's great news.

o

lol i had to go back and read that post to remember, but I am so happy for you! Dogs can do wonders with other dogs! Sometimes they just don't need us -- they just need someone else (another dog) that can speak their language to adjust.

I suspect that other dog is teaching her that humans might just be ok :) Your post made me smile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here