Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Fear aggression ** update **

toomuchglass
13 years ago

--------this is in reply to my older post "Scared dog" .

I made a seperate post so the great people that replied can see how their advice was taken. I did everything that was suggested . * Slapping my forehead - it worked ! *

Here's the original post :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pets/msg0623430721903.html?6

I did a combination of everything that was suggested . Since I've posted , my son brought his dog over quite a few times. His dog is great . He's border collie & sheltie mix. Even though he's young , he had the patience to stand still and just watch while Poppy freaked out . He stood long enough to let Poppy come to him and smell him . Once she was satisfied "she wouldn't be killed" ... she started to gradually interact. Every visit would get better. Yesterday , when they came over ... I couldn't believe Poppy. She just ran and ran ( that silly kind of run with her butt down - like chase me ! ) It ended up - they played and played till they were pooped. I would have never believed it. It HAPPENED ! I'd love to say this is a happy ending --- but it's just the beginning , she's got a long way to go . Thanks to the replies to my post - I have to tools to at least start with .

**High 5-ing everyone ***

Comments (4)