Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carmen_grower_2007

Pet peeves

carmen_grower_2007
13 years ago

I realize I am the 'pet peeve' of some on this forum but I want to share my own. There is one and maybe more here who claim cats either don't drink water or aren't physically able to. If that was so, there sure would be lots of pet food makers out of business and dehydrated dead cats everywhere.

They very fact that cats do eat dry kibble tells you they have to drink water. (I just wish my kittens would only drink it and not play in it.)

Comments (8)

• marlingardener
    13 years ago

Gee, I'd never heard that. Our Feliz likes her water and drinks it without complaint (well, she thinks she needs it changed twice a day, and the occasional ice cube added.) Our cats have always drunk water.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

All five of mine do. With five cats and two dogs, I have four water bowls including a huge one and I refill them during the day...especially during the hot weather.

• nycefarm_gw
    13 years ago

Why on earth do you care about the one person who says cats don't drink water? Of course that is just plain ridiculous...

• axelsrose
    13 years ago

I think that people forget that we are all mammals (dogs, cats and humans). If you lay us out on the surgery table, we all have the same basic organs, in basically the same places. People have been taught that they are so different from the animals when in fact, we are more alike than different. Wants, needs, even in behavior. Even watch kids play or seen the "clicks" that form in offices? It's basic dog behavior, strength in numbers and a need to belong and please the "leader". I have always laughed at how men really are like dogs - they really don't care about being clean, they will eat almost anything and they would lick themselves if they could. But I have to admit that women are very much like cats or at least the ones I know are. We're finicky. We groom too much. We hate it when someone tries to "pet" us without permission and if it isn't our idea, no matter how good it is, we probably won't like it. That's why you just have to laugh at people sometimes and go on.
    Susan

• cindyandmocha
    13 years ago

I've never heard of anyone on this forum saying cats don't drink water. That is just crazy.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    13 years ago

Weird "pet peeve" -- anyway I will go out on a limb and say MY cat will not drink water from a bowl. He will only drink it from a running faucet and that is only occasionally.

He eats wet food twice a day and I always add at least 1 tablespoon of water to each serving of wet food.

The cat we had growing up would only drink from the toilet not a bowl. Our last cat before this one happily drank out of the dog's bowl.

Every cat is different.

• cynthia_gw
    13 years ago

I suspect you misunderstood another poster's comment. Not clear why you wouldn't respond to the particular post if you believe someone had intentionally typed that.

• christine1950
    13 years ago

My pet peeve is people that dont spay & neuter and add to the kill shelters