Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a funny dog story.....

Posted by kitasmommie (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 18:28

When we first got our Akita, we went to puppy school. The trainer told us the following story:

He was sitting watching TV late one night when someone knocked on his door. He opened the door to find an angry man with a very large wolf mix dog. The man handed the trainer the leash and said "Fix him!".

Apparently, when the dog was very young, Mom would take the dog into the shower with her - on a regular basis, hoping to adjust him to bathing.
The dog was very well mannered, didn't mess with anything in the house when left alone and had originally been trained by this trainer - so he was really a good boy.

Well, Mom & Dad went away for a day - only to come home to a flooded bathroom. Flooded so badly, the subfloor was saturated, along with a good 6" up the wall of drywall. Of course, the water also seeped out onto the hallway carpet, and being on the second floor, also dripped into the dining room below.

Appears that doggy got bored & decided to take a shower.

Guess Mom should have also taught him how to turn it off and not to close the drain by stepping on it.

As I understand it, doggy no longer showers with Mom & the owners have redesigned their bathroom so the dog no longer has access to the tub.

Poor boy - he was only imitating what Mom did.

But, oh my, can you imagine if you came home to that?

How do you explain that one to the insurance company???

My Kita often goes into my shower stall at night - but fortunately, she doesn't know how to turn it on (I think).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a funny dog story.....

Cute story. I once knew someone who had to put on lock on the fridge because their GS knew how to open it LOL

o

That is a funny story and a good reminder not to leave our pets unattended for very long.

One of our cats loves drinking drips from the bathtub faucet. If he could turn on the water himself, we'd surely be flooded.

o

Our great dane used to be able to turn the floor fan on. He'd then sit with his butt on the chair in front of it and enjoy. Also had a cat with a toilet paper fetish. She'd tease the end of the roll within reach of her mouth, grab the end and run with it, unrolling the paper behind her.

o

We once had a cat that would get into the pantry and pull out every roll of paper towels and do battle with them by bearhugging them and kicking the daylights out of them with his back feet! Very messy to come home to. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here