Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitasmommie

Just a funny dog story.....

kitasmommie
13 years ago

When we first got our Akita, we went to puppy school. The trainer told us the following story:

He was sitting watching TV late one night when someone knocked on his door. He opened the door to find an angry man with a very large wolf mix dog. The man handed the trainer the leash and said "Fix him!".

Apparently, when the dog was very young, Mom would take the dog into the shower with her - on a regular basis, hoping to adjust him to bathing.

The dog was very well mannered, didn't mess with anything in the house when left alone and had originally been trained by this trainer - so he was really a good boy.

Well, Mom & Dad went away for a day - only to come home to a flooded bathroom. Flooded so badly, the subfloor was saturated, along with a good 6" up the wall of drywall. Of course, the water also seeped out onto the hallway carpet, and being on the second floor, also dripped into the dining room below.

Appears that doggy got bored & decided to take a shower.

Guess Mom should have also taught him how to turn it off and not to close the drain by stepping on it.

As I understand it, doggy no longer showers with Mom & the owners have redesigned their bathroom so the dog no longer has access to the tub.

Poor boy - he was only imitating what Mom did.

But, oh my, can you imagine if you came home to that?

How do you explain that one to the insurance company???

My Kita often goes into my shower stall at night - but fortunately, she doesn't know how to turn it on (I think).

Comments (4)