Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peanutpeanutbutter

No fleas, but areas on dog's body get hot

peanutpeanutbutter
12 years ago

After two months of concentrated effort, we now have NO fleas in our house, yard, environment, or on our dogs. We use Advantage every three weeks per the vet's okay. (We're thinking of changing to Frontline as we've read that is absorbed less into the dog's body but still is effective on fleas). We do not live in an area with ticks.

Recently, on our little 12 yr old Bichon, we've noticed certain parts of her skin will become hotter than the surrounding areas. Mostly it's her rear end or her shoulder blades area. These areas, about palm size, become very hot while the other areas on her body remain regular temperature.

The rear area and the shoulder blade areas do not become hot at the same time. This is not related to any specific time of day, or whether she is inside or outside. She is an inside dog. She is on special food from the vet--Hills c/d-- for bladder stones (she's had two surgeries for bladder stones in the past, and the food seems to help).

This increased skin temp has been going on for about 2 weeks, but not even daily. The vet seems to think it's flea related, but we have no fleas! We have not changed anything else in our environment, and use very little in terms of chemical cleaning products...i.e. we dust with a microfiber cloth, use a sweeper on our hardwood floors, wash the kitchen floor with mild soap and hot water followed by two plaion-water rinses etc.

When we bathe her, we use extra mild oatmeal and aloe dog shampoo, followed by special doggie conditioner and a really good rinse. She has always seemed a bit on the itchy side, but this hot-skin thing is new.

Does *anyone* have any ideas about this weird skin-getting-hot thing?

If anyone has any ideas about how to stop itchy skin, we'd appreciate that too.

BTW, does anyone have any good results using brewer's yeast on dogs to help with fleas?

We really hate putting chemicals (Advantage, Frontline) on her. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one is better, since it seems fleas are a fact of life and need to be dealt with?--Frontline or Advantage?? I've read too many HORROR stories about other brands.

Thanks!

Peanut

Comments (88)

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

It takes a while for the grain free diet to show real results. Be patient. Add oils like coconut to her kibbles. My girl blossomed under doing that alone. She had hardly any hair on her tail when i got her, and then it just grew in full and beautiful..and no itching for her.

• millythefox
    3 years ago

Jaceymae - what coconut oil do you get her and where do you get it from as I’d like to follow your advice 😀

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

I prefer Central Market Organics Virgin Cocconut Oil (HEB sells). You may be able to find online if not local store to you.

• millythefox
    3 years ago

Thx will try and find a uk supplier

• Michael Pombo
    3 years ago

@milly thefox you and I are talking about two completely different things . You are talking about something that's a skin irritation probably similar to The Hot Spot stuff that someone was talking about above. What I am referring to is an internal heat that's coming out of the body with no skin irritation and no itchiness or biting or scratching any of the symptoms that go along with hot spots. Also what I am talking about only happens in specific locations on the body such as between the shoulder blades or lower on the spine near the butt. It doesn't happen in places where skin contact skin. While it is good that you are finding help for the issue you are seeing, there are a thousand places on the internet where that is discussed. However this thread happens to be the only place on the entire internet that I have been able to find information on what I am talking about for the last 2 years

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

Michael, if it's not yours...you don't have to pick it up. The person who started this thread wanted help with a condition that included itching . This is simply a place to share ideas. I for one brought up purely heat when touched type question so I probably contributed to the confusion. Doesn't stop from being helpful to me to hear about others problems. If you want to start a thread specifically addressing your situation only, you should do that. I'd be interested to hear what they have to say!

• Denise Fitzgerald
    3 years ago

Jaceymae, the person who started this tread did not include mentioning itching (or am I missing it? I reread the post and don’t see her mentioning itching) ... the post is about these weird areas on our dogs that are hot to the touch, but not related to fleas, and are not hot spots. For anyone who has not had a dog with this, I think it’s confusing to understand what we are talking about. It’s a very strange thing.

• jaceymae
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

" If anyone has any ideas about how to stop itchy skin, we'd appreciate that too." She obviously opened the subject to other than just the heating up phenomena...

• Michael Pombo
    3 years ago

Actually, jaceymae, you should slow down and read the original post again. Because THIS is what they said and were asking about:

"Recently, on our little 12 yr old Bichon, we've noticed certain parts of her skin will become hotter than the surrounding areas. Mostly it's her rear end or her shoulder blades area. These areas, about palm size, become very hot while the other areas on her body remain regular temperature."

"The rear area and the shoulder blade areas do not become hot at the same time. This is not related to any specific time of day, or whether she is inside or outside."

"This increased skin temp has been going on for about 2 weeks, but not even daily. The vet seems to think it's flea related, but we have no fleas!"

"Does *anyone* have any ideas about this weird skin-getting-hot thing?"

I think you got confused because they also said:

"She has always seemed a bit on the itchy side, but this hot-skin thing is new."

And they clarified what it was they were asking about when they said:

"If anyone has any ideas about how to stop itchy skin, we'd appreciate that TOO."

The key word above is "TOO".

As I said to millythefox, It's great that she's getting help with her issue, but she chimed in to MY comment which I made TWO WEEKS AFTER either of you were last on here as if she was talking about the same thing I was when I was clear as a bell that this was NOT a common skin irritation. So go right ahead with finding your answers/giving your advice, but maybe pay closer attention to what it is you are reading before you insert your opinion and until you have something that's ACTUALLY helpful to contribute? Thanks.

• Stax
    3 years ago

The OP describes EXACTLY what have been known as hot spots for DECADES. Now the OP may declare that they are hot spots, but she is mistaken.

Hot Spots are idiopathic and experience breeders usually have a treatment approach that likely comes word of mouth from other breeders without proven results.

Last year I offered my method of treatment and was attacked for that. This thread contains so much nonsense that it may cause harm if believed.

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

The original post asked for advice on itching as an adjunct. ADVISE YOU RE READ. Advice I gave did no harm.

If it didn't apply to you, and only helped one other person, try to be happy for them. No harm no foul.

• Stax
    3 years ago

jaceymae, Assuming you are referring to me? You flatter yourself. I made no reference to you nor your post(s) - don't know nor care who you are.

"... no fowl (sic)." lol

• Denise Fitzgerald
    3 years ago

I’m in my 60’s and have had dogs all my life. I’m very actively involved in many different activities with my dogs, so I’m around lots of knowledgeable “dog” people (breeders, dog shows, agility, therapy dogs). What we are talking about here is very different from hot spots. I do know what a hot spot is, I’ve had dogs with hot spots, so I know what they are.

IMO, since there are many resources and discussions on hot spots and other itchy skin problems, it would be great to keep this thread on topic to the interesting body heat that some of us are explaining. Again, for those who haven’t had a dog with this, it’s hard to explain, but it is clearly not a hot spot ... it is interesting, needs to be felt first hand because it is hard to explain..

Also hoping this doesn’t become a bickering thread ... since people have had to shelter at home, it seems that a lot of threads have become this way :-/. Note how active this thread has suddenly become :-/ Let’s be nice.

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

I think you're like 11 years old too. Unless the shoe fits, I didn't mention anything about you.

Until now...consider yourself "flattered"..LOL!!

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

You assumed wrong...We have a saying where I come from...assume makes an ass out of u and me, but mostly you. For that bit of wisdom alone I am contributing added value.

No doubt, pearls before swine, therefore I am leaving you to your own devices...Goodbye.

• Denise Fitzgerald
    3 years ago

I’m bummed by the direction this thread has taken recently :-( I want to get alerts when a remark is made that contributes to the original post and topic ... but I keep getting alerts only to find that it’s another comment that has no beneficial contributing value to the thread :-/

Wish a moderator would step in here ... how do we request that?

• jaceymae
    3 years ago

I notice Stax deleted his comment leading to mine that got his hackles up. I helped at least one person and that is all I needed to do. I am sorry Denise..I just stand up to bullies. You will not see another comment from me in this thread.

• Denise Fitzgerald
    3 years ago

Thanks :-) I do see that there is a way to report inappropriate comments using the little flat in upper right corner, and I just noticed another of the person’s comments is gone, maybe a moderator did step in - hopefully, will keep an eye on things.

• Celia Herron
    3 years ago

Google lead me to this thread after I noticed that “warm spot” between my cat’s shoulders! It was surprisingly hot to the touch and isolated to that area. It lasted several minutes then slowly went back to normal temp. He is a three year old, healthy tabby with no fleas but occasional dandruff due to seasonal dry skin. I am hoping it is nothing to worry about, but I commented anyway just to inform that is occurs in cats as well as dogs!

• Sharon Bloom
    3 years ago

Wow, these comments are something else. I would like to respond to some of the earlier ones but it looks like they were a year ago or something. So I’ll keep it simple. There is a difference between “hotspots,” which is what it is officially called and is a skin infection, and a SPOT (area) that’s HOT. The latter is what the OP was talking about. My Shih Tzu has these areas that get hot. Same as other descriptions, rotating between her back end and between her shoulders. It feels like it’s right on the spine and one reason my mind goes there is because she had x-rays of her back half which showed her hips joints to be bone-on-bone. She is 6 and is so good and acts normal. I feel like sometimes she might be a little stiff, especially after playing hard or going for a walk. My point is I’ve wondered If the heated areas were related to her spine since she has proven bone issues.

• Sharon Bloom
    3 years ago

I don’t know if you will see this or not, Michael Pombo, but just wanted to say you and I are on the same page. See my comment above.

• Leslie Stevens
    3 years ago

I have a Lab/Anatolian Shepard x that gets this on her head. She doesn't have any skin or health issues. Her mother does not get this and it doesn't happen all the time. This is not just a warmer area. Her head heats up rapidly and it's like a chemical hand warmer it's so hot. Only happens on her head. I can't make it happen either. Even by just holding my hand there. Tonight it happened and thinking about the stress factor that was mentioned, my Husband is late getting home due to a fire and the highway being closed. She might be stressing over that. She knows when he should be home. I will check in the future to see if there is something stressful when she does it again. I have had many dogs and have never seen this! It's totally weird.

• Allie Lawrence
    3 years ago

I think this is a symptom of an anxiety attack (or potentially a positive heightened state of reaction). A testimonial that just happened that hits a constellation of these symptoms:

We adopted two older dogs at the beginning of COVID, so we are still getting to know them well. But --

My dog: Roo - 11 year old male schnauzer; has a minor heart murmur but has historically been in otherwise good health. Has recently had some skin issues with itching, etc. but we have mostly resolved those.

Roo had a bout of vestibular syndrome (old dog syndrome) recently that messed up his balance for a little while; while he's mostly physically recovered, he became quite anxious during it (I would be too, if I suddenly couldn't walk!) and that anxiety has persisted since. He lives with me (female owner, 30s, dominant disposition), my husband (male owner, 30s, anxious disposition), and his sister Skee (11 year old female schnauzer; no health problems; low anxiety/high dominance personality).

Roo and my husband LOVE cuddling on the couch, more than either Skee or I do. They act quite attached in ways that are predicted by research (e.g. https://www.seeker.com/dogs-more-likely-to-approach-male-owners-discovery-news-1765206339.html), and seem to use each other to soothe personal anxiety.

I've noticed and mentioned to my husband that Roo sometimes makes this quiet keening/whining sound that appears out of nowhere, happens for 8 - 15 minutes, then stops as either a new activity is introduced or he gets cuddles. I initially thought it was a pain symptom, but many vet visits later, I think it's an anxiety expression. He also seems to get these random "heat blushes" -- I'll call them, since 'hot spots' seems to confuse the thread -- in the exact places mentioned above -- top of head/back of head, base of tail, shoulder blades. They were also the places where he had the most skin issues, so I assumed that the skin issues were driving the heat -- now, I think the opposite.

That's because JUST NOW this happened -- my husband has begun working out of the home again (which he has not since we adopted Roo and Skee at the beginning of quarantine), and I'm in the living room with the dogs. Roo got onto the couch and began doing his keening whine. He was clearly missing the opportunity to cuddle my husband, so I invited him over to my side. When I stroked his back, he was SUPER HOT between his shoulderblades! Wondering if I could link these two symptoms (the keening + the heat), I googled this thread and came here.

Well, as I stroked him, he started to calm down and doze off, and **in time with his keening turning to snoring**, his shoulderblade temperature went down, then equalized with the rest of his body. He literally calmed down and cooled down under my very hands as I petted him. When I stopped petting him, he woke up (no keening), stretched, looked around and went to lie on another part of the couch, seemingly comfortable.

Then my neighbors started moving furniture and the thudding around, and he crept back over, small whining and skin heating up again!

I genuinely think this may be a physiological expression of high emotion or anxiety -- sort of like a nervous blush in humans -- that can absolutely be a feedback loop between a physical and emotional state. So when we run a mile, our hearts pound and we get red, but that also happens when we have to give a big presentation at work -- likewise, once we feel that our heart is pounding and our face is red, we start to feel increasingly anxious, even if there's no proximate trigger for fear (that's literally what's happening in a panic attack).

I also suspect that the skin issues may be *caused* by the heat blushes, in the same way that anxiety can secondarily trigger skin issues in humans.

Has anyone had a dog with heat blushes who noticed a difference before/after anti-anxiety medication?

• Rhaven Nightwisp
    3 years ago

Hi all...my chihuahua has developed this heat problem also. It just started this year and the area affected is on her back from her tail base to about 3” toward her head. It does not occur on her sides adjacent to the area. There are no open areas, no sores and she does not itch there.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when this happens. sometimes she wakes up with it, sometimes eating, and sometimes just sitting. ive even felt the heat start to blossom when she’s laying next to me, awake or asleep. The heat is so bad at times I have to move away from her.

My dog is 14, no allergies, no fleas, no xrays, no illness, current on all shots.

I sure wish some enterprising Vet would jump on this and figure it out.

• Debora
    3 years ago

My jrt/bichon frise cross gets a really really hot scruff of the neck. No irritation, no fleas. She does have a heart murmur so could be as suggested above related to heart or circulation but really not sure. Her microchip is there too, & her collar when it’s on, but no rhyme or reason when it occurs.

• Taya C
    3 years ago

I have an 8 month old lab mix that we rescued in May. He heats up in the spots where I pet him. Whether its his head or side of trunk or back, the spot where I'm petting gets really hot. If I stop petting him it goes away. My 4 year old lab mix never had anything like this. This pup is an odd little guy, has had puppy pyoderma and he itched a lot the first few months we had him. He seems to be better now. He's afraid of weird things like the floor vents or objects in his path. He will walk all the way around furniture to avoid the floor vents. On walks he freezes dead in his tracks when he sees a manhole cover. I'm just wondering if he has some type of histamine reaction when he's being touched. Maybe he's got anxiety about a lot of things and when I'm petting him the hot spot is his body reacting to being touched. He doesn't seem nervous though. Really weird!

• HU-339886183
    3 years ago

allergic reaction to... invisible dust mites? it's a skin thing for us.

vet usually offers us apoquel daily pills.. which are a pain... but then offered me a once monthly allergy shot. my small yorkie usually stops itchy and stops these feelings of heat for a few months then... we go back in for the allergy shot. (so thankfully the once monthly is actually extended to 3 months-ish, and sometimes only seasonal)

it's not anxiety for my dog. he seems to be hot and itchier at night... and he's currently waking up heated, body agitated. it's internal heat, and not like a typical 'hot spot'. whatever it is.. is invisible. I even gave him a quick water only rinse before bed last night.

I was hoping to find more solutions like coconut oil rub, or skin lotions.

but I guess I'll just wait for my dogs allergy shot appointment.

• Julie Greenwood
    3 years ago

My miniature pincher has been having a strange skin issue. It happens at all different times but mostly when she is just laying down asleep. She will jump up very, very quickly and start licking her private area aggressively and biting at her back leg aggressively also and her belly area gets very pink and very, very hot to touch. She starts panting and running around the house crying going from bed to bed turning in circles and then starts licking her private area or biting her leg. It usually lasts about 10/15 minutes and then she starts to calm down. Some days it happens about 3 or 4 times during the day and then she will go weeks without it happening. It just happened again in the middle of the night last night. I brought her to the ER 3 weeks ago and they ran all sorts of tests and couldn't find what was wrong. It's like the skin on her belly around her private area gets very pink and very hot.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    3 years ago

SaltiDawg you sound very rude.

• Lili Frances Kerr
    3 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m a companion animal herbalist and remedial massage therapist and dogs DO heat up when you pet them. We can’t massage the smallest dogs for longer than 10 minutes because they get too hot!!

I have years noticed these large patches of hot areas on dogs skin for years and have been trying to figure it out - it is often on the abdominal area. It is usually accompanied by dogs who are prone to inflammation and allergy but they may have neither.

Dogs tend to run “hot” constitutions so one option is to try feeding them only cooling foods according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine. Another option is herbs that cool the body down. However, I feel as though the heat is more than simply constitutional so I’m continuing to research in an attempt to figure it out.

• HU-238731793
    3 years ago

I'm so happy I found thread on this. I was looking for reason why is it happening since I first felt it on my baby girl about a month ago. She is almost 2 year old golden retriever mix and it happens only between her shoulder blades so firstly I was panicked if she has some joint issue there or if she has fever. I called the vet trying to explain what is going on (didn't take her there cause we all know we should go out if not absolutely needed) and she only asked if she wasn't close to the heater or something but she couldn't provide any further info. And because of the place I really thought that only explanation is issue with her shoulder joints or spine (this came to mind also because she has to walk pretty steep stairs to and from flat 5-6 times a day but she is eating nutritious food and vitamins) then I thought maybe she has some skin issue but she isn't itchy or anything but just be sure I bathed her but nothing changed. I was getting pretty stressed out about this. Now I'll try to monitor her and find out if it happens when she is scared or happy or something.

• HU-792850677
    3 years ago

Same thing is happening to my 5 month old labradoodle. She will develop an extremely hot area between her shoulder blades. The first time I noticed it I thought the only reasonable explanation was that she had just been laying next to one of our heating panels so I brushed it off as nothing. The next time it happened she was just sitting next to me on the couch chewing a bone so I now know something strange is happening. It’s gets SO WARM that it freaks me out! This thread is all I have found on the issue

• Alycia Mills
    3 years ago

My 4 year old bichon/shih tzu mix has been having this same problem for the past year...she has been very itchy and I noticed certain areas of her skin get very got..( not hotspots) she doesn't have fleas..I feel so bad for her, I know she is miserable.. I assume she either has some type of mite ( dust mites maybe) or an allergy. I really hope someone figures out what is going on with our furbabies soon. I hate her suffering.

• Alycia Mills
    3 years ago

The only thing different I noticed that I just thought about is the stupid stink bugs that are in this area all the time now...anyone else live in an area with stink bugs?

• Marion Allison
    3 years ago

You could have mold in your house, i went through the same thing and turned out to be mold poisoning.

• HU-342232944
    2 years ago

Hi my collie cross has the same hot patch on his back. No irritation. ive read through the threads what is it can anyone answer it I may have missed it

• Maggie T.
    2 years ago

My pug has these hot areas too, sometimes the top of her head, sometimes shoulders but randomly across the top of her body. And is very itchy.
    She was a rescue so was spayed vaccinated etc before I got her.
    She is raw fed.
    I don’t do vaccinations, wormers and flea control as they are a nasty chemical cocktail. (It’s not necessary to vaccinate every year but no one will tell you that as it’s a great income stream, look it up)
    You can wormcount and titre test instead.
    My friend suggested today that it could be nerve damage because she had a horse that would heat up and sweat in a small area and the vet said it was nerve damage so I’m going to research it as I’ve tried everything else and spent a small fortune treating her for skin issues at the vets.
    I like everyone else have found no information on this but when I first got her she was underweight (puppyfarm victim 🤬) and didn’t have the hot flare ups so I would be interested to know if anyone else has noticed a correlation between being slightly overweight and the hot patches and itchy skin.

• HU-783568281
    2 years ago

My Roxy has this too. Always happens on her shoulders, about the size of my hand and lasts for about 5 minutes. She also nibbles at her hind knees (no fleas but maybe arthritis). I am taking her to my vet tomorrow. She’s going to try to figure this out. Roxy lived on the streets in Arizona heat and was found in rough shape so she has a lot of random things going on. Anxiety may be one. I’ll post if we figure it out in the next few months. We are determined. I’m going to try CBD just in case it is an anxiety thing but, since it sometimes happens when she’s sleeping, likely not anxiety. She also does an Ewok grisly whiney noise. :(

• Asha Dow
    2 years ago

Hi all,

I just found this thread after noticing an area on my (5 month old) Alaskan malamute. It's located directly in the spine, about halfway down, and had a diameter of around 5 centimetres. It came on suddenly and disappeared within a couple of minutes (not even 5). Skin is the normal colour, and she gave no signs of itching, in fact she didn't seem to notice it at all!

She's been on a grain-free diet since I have her, and we checked the house and her, no flees, ticks or any other bugs.

Really hope someone can figure this out, I had never even heard of something like this untill I found this thread.

At first, I was afraid it might be a dreaded "hot spot", but as it disappeared so quickly and there was no discolouration of the skin I know it isn't the case.

• HU-416420653
    2 years ago

my red healer (only a few years old) too!! he has a hot(to the touch) rearend. its on his back around his tail and a bit down his legs. i would also like to know what the cause is.

• Jessi Howe
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I can almost guarantee it's an issue related to the heart or the blood circulation in a specific area. I saw another post on here from someone that said it could be related to blood circulation or issues with the heart or chest, and that their dog was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, which, my dog has these heated spots as well and also recently got diagnosed with congestive heart failure and fluid retention in the lungs and abdomen. The heat is extremely hot to the touch, like, really really hot at the base of my dogs shoulder blades and migrates down his left side and then around his rump. He does have a weight issue, which is related to the congestive heart failure, and an enlarged heart, and this heating only happens when he's resting, which to me would hint at it being related to blood circulation because his heart has to work harder then he's resting.

My advice to anyone that's worrying about this overly heated area: get some x-rays done.

Mind everyone else - if it's a warm area where: your dog is itching (or chewing) on their fur relentlessly, is starting to get a wet, balding, or raw look due to scratching their fur out, and may possibly even be causing itself to bleed due to the amount of itching.... Then you have a hot spot.

It can be due to skin conditions, fleas, allergies, or even just bad habits or anxiety. You can shave the fur around the spot if it's starting to look raw or wet-like, keep the area clean, and you can also put a shirt on the dog (if they're getting to it by scratching) or a cone on their head (if by chewing) to keep them away from it until you can get them to the vet to treat it.

Hope this helps you and your fur buddies, and good luck to everyone!

• HU-422966455
    2 years ago

I just notice a very hot spot on my dog tonight, too!! The skin seems fine, it's just super hot in a pretty large area just behind his shoulder blades and off to the side a little. What is this? The rest of his body seems fine except he's 11.5 years old and he's starting to get tumors. I am wondering if this is the start of another? Weird. He has his annual vet apt in a week, so I'll ask then. I am not giving him anymore vaccinations. I swear they are killing our pets and causing disease. There is no need for yearly vaccinations.. we don't get them, why do our pets?

• Linda Henebery
    2 years ago

The warm spots are located near kidneys and adrenal glands, it is a very known situation. I can put both my hands on my boys adrenal/kidney area and run both hands down his back and can feel the temperature change in those areas. My dog's head, like brain area gets very hot sometimes if he is very active and excited. I've seen him stop and lay down when it happens. Most of our precious pups have underlying medical conditions, and inflammation of certain organs will also cause heat to be generated. I'd say if your extremely concerned, get an abdominal x-ray, ultrasound, or an MRI and blood work to determine what's going on.

• Stax
    2 years ago

"There is no need for yearly vaccinations.. we don't get them..."

Incredible!

• socks
    2 years ago

As for the above—

It’s ok…..the rest of us are getting our pets vaccinated, so yours is protected.

[detect sarcasm]

• HU-560031182
    last year

Wow this conversation is all over the board! My chihuahua also named Peanut, 12 years old, has this roaming palm size area of intense heat that comes and goes as it pleases. It is NOT a hot spot. Yes this is the only thread i could find that talked about this mysterious condition. After reading those comments that understood what was being discussed, i tend to agree with the theory of it being an emotion/anxiety related reaction on the part of the dog. My dog has always been a very sensitive little guy, gets his feeling hurt for next to nothing, needless to say he is spoiled rotten and loved as though he were human. This condition is strage but does not scare me, he has had it for years and is very healthy. Good luck to all you dog lovers.

• Stax
    last year

Sheesh!

• Angela Lenox
    last year

Interesting.

• Colleen Hughson
    last year

Hey Everyone,

My 11 yr old Mini Schnauzer has the same condition of these misterious very hot spots. I believe most of the dogs mentioned are seniors…this condition also could be a circulation heart problem…or nerve damage…

my little wee one was basically scalped by a big malamute dog. she was torn from side shoulder to side shoulder and skinned back to her hips. 63 stictches. she recovered very well and without any scars ..amazing!! she has been fed only a raw diet for the last 3 yrs because she had a weight condition..feeding raw fixed all that.. I have noticed a garbly sound like snirting when she sleeps..so i believ old age could be playing a part in this. otherwise she is heslthy n happy..even still plays with her toys🐾🐾 I am going to take her fir an xray of the heart …but will ask about nerve damage etc.. as a possible cause..You should do the same…Best Regards All

• Stax
    12 months ago
    last modified: 12 months ago

Incoherent post. Old thread.