Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brighton_carl

Please Help dog with sore rash on lips/ Muzzle

brighton-carl
14 years ago

Hi

My dog (German Shepherd) has had a rash for over a year now around her lips and muzzle, my vet has treated with antibiotics and advised me to try sudocream and that didnt work even afer upping the strengh of the antibiotics, so i had biopsys done around the muzzle and it was sent to a dermatoligist but nothing was found and there and there were no sore/ blisters around her anus or feet so ruled out some terrible disease i cant remember the name of.

My vet then continued the antibotics twice daily 500mg and gave steriod tablets 3 times a day and stopped taking the anti's after about 8 weeks and then weaned off the steriods and gave me a steriod cream to apply twice daily for the last 4 months. Over a few months it did ease but still there, and coming completly back, although on the whole this has reduced by half, it is still quite bad and makes me sad that i cant resolve it over this lengthy time as it looks so sore for her.

Has anoyne ever heard of this kind of thing or able to offer any advice or information, as i so want to get this resolved for her, she cant keep her sore lips with only steriod cream to keep it slightly at bay.

Any info greatly welcomed.

Comments (5)