Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sub-Q's & Walgreens

Posted by dwmc (tobey32@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 14:50

Was e-mailed instructions on how to get them from Walgreens, but have lost the e-mail and it's not under "delete".
Do you get your sub-q's from Walgreens? When you go in person no one seems to know anything, yet people say you can obtain them there for much cheaper.
If you know anything can you e-mail me?:
TOBEY32@hotmail.com

David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sub-Q's & Walgreens

Go to the pharmacy counter and ask for lactated ringer solution, lines, and 20 gage needles. You will need to get a prescription from your vet. Your vet might be able to call it in to the Walgreens pharmacist. I hope this helps.

o

David, as the other posted stated, Ringer's is a prescription item, so you'll need to ask your vet to phone in or write you a script to present to the pharmacist. In my area, none of the pharmacies stock Ringers, but they can all order and receive it overnight once they have the prescription.

I recommend that you call around to ALL of the pharmacies in your area and ask for case pricing on Ringers. Prices can vary widely. In my area, Target is a MUCH cheaper source for Ringers than Walgreens. Also, when price checking, ask how many bags are in the case, as this varies between manufacturers, as well.

Laurie

o

I have not done this (yet) but one person here said their Costco was really cheap, too.

o

Costco is cheap and you don't have to be a member to use the pharmacy but David doesn't have a Costco by him. Did you get my email about Walgreens? I sent it again. A lot of people have difficulty when presenting the rx at the counter for some reason-there is a way to print out the item and price from Walgreens and bring it to them with the rx. The last time I looked, a case of 12 was $20-sometihng. Years ago I went to 2 different Targets with the NDC# and they had no clue what LRS were. Thats when I went to Costco. I pay about $21 for 12. The last time I bought a bag from the vet (3 years ago) it was $15.89 for one bag-no line or needle. I haven't priced out the needles and lines in a long while. I buy them from thrivingpets.com.

o

Got all notes and e-mails. Thanks much. Will be looking into it!

David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here