Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

Pet Friendly stores

quirkyquercus
17 years ago

I know there's a website that lists pet-friendly establishments but it doesn't list retail stores. Since I have a new puppy and want to socialize him in a safe place and love to take my older dog out to explore, I have this short list of places that I have found to allow dogs. Feel free to add to post more places that you know of that are chain stores. I'm posting this here because these get indexed in google very well and I thought people would like to know.

(pet supply stores not included)

In alphabetical order

1.) Bloomingdale's Department Store

2.) Home Depot

3.) Lowes Home Improvement

4.) Nordstrom's Dept. Stores

5.) Outdoor World

6.) Rite Aid pharmacies

7.)Sak's 5th ave dept. store

8.)Tractor Supply Co. hardware/farm/feed

I have found the department stores to be an excellent place to socialize a puppy because there are many people there of different ages and ethnicites an positive encounters are easy to come by. The hardware stores have many noises like whirring saws and forklifts that you can expose your puppy to. And socialization is an important developmental deadline... around age 12 weeks.

Comments (96)

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The same can be said for dog parks. The concept of this post was so that people who care about their dogs behavior and socialization (requires routine maintenance) you can take your dogs to certain places to better adapt them to behaving good in those environments. It wasn't about is it right or is it wrong, it's about taking advantage of these lenient policies to sculpt a well rounded and well mannered dog. Especially with puppies.

It should go without saying that if you take a dog into a store that it should not only be capable of leash walking but leashed with a maximum of 2' of slack so that it can't wander away or jump on people.

I'd really appreciate anyone who wants to debate whether this is right or wrong to please start a new topic in the pet debates forum.

• sheltiemom
    17 years ago

I've taken my dogs to Jiffy Lube - stopped by on my way back from the park and had the dogs in the car with me. They let me take them inside and no one seemed surprised or bothered. Of course, my dogs played it cool and simply went to sleep (a walk in the park always tires them out).

• onyxdaily
    17 years ago

I know the Lowe's near us in Ohio does not allow dogs, even tiny ones. I haven't tried Home Depot, but I'm going to. I think I'm actually going to get my phonebook out and make a few phone calls. If I come up with any pet-friendly stores, I'll make a posting here. I hope I can find some stores to take my "little" Jasper for a visit (he's a saint bernard).

• ross939
    17 years ago

I manage a retail outlet, and while some folks in my position do not enforce their company's policy of no pets, I do, to a T. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and cats,my establishment sells groceries and, with the exception of aid dogs, I am in violation of state, local, and federal codes to allow it. What gets me, though, is when I politely walk up to someone and tell them that the dog has to stay outside, they look at me like I just asked their grandmother to take a hike. I've had to dodge pee puddles more than a few times at our local Petsmart, that's why I don't shop there anymore.

• zone_8grandma
    17 years ago

I'm in western WA and both HD and Lowe's have large "No dogs allowed" signs. I've seen people inside with their dogs (but invaribly small dogs - mine are large).

A nursery where I used to work had to institute a "No dogs" policy because customers would let their dogs pee on the plants and poop in the grassy areas - and they would not pick up after their dogs. The nursery employees complained to the owner about having to pick up dog poop, so the policy was instituted.
    It really is too bad that a few irresponsible dogs owners can ruin things for all dogs owners. I'd really like to have my dogs out around people more, but it is so hard to find dog friendly places to take them.

• mboston_gw
    17 years ago

I was at Home Depot yesterday and at the entrance to their garden area, there was a sign (looked new) that said no animals allowed except Assistance dogs.

• pat09
    17 years ago

It disturbs me that Rite Aid would allow pets in it store, as theRite Aid in our town probably has a 15-20% mix of food groceries and fresh items. This would be a blatant violation of county health code for most cities around the country. No one should be above the law. I would be inclined to report the store to the local health department if it were in my neighborhood

• ross939
    17 years ago

Thought this fit the topic pretty well!

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please post only if you have names of pet friendly chain stores to share with us otherwise don't post in this thread.

This thread is not to discuss whether it is right or wrong or if you are allergic or if pets pee on plants or jump on people or smell bad or pass gas.... this thread is only I repeat only about what stores allow dogs for socialization of under control dogs.

If you want to share your feelings about dogs in public stores then I suggest you start a new thread in the new pet debates forum where it will not clog up this topic with irrelevant gobbeltyguk.

Thank you for your cooperation. Love, Origional Poster Quirky T. Quercus.

• pat09
    17 years ago

Well, #uck You, AHole!! I'll post whatever the #uck I wanna post, &ickhead!

• sue36
    17 years ago

I don't recall the forum rule that states the OP can dictate what direction a thread takes. Although I disagree with the manner in which pat09 chose to express his/her point, I agree with the basic sentiment.

For those of you that think people with allergies should just learn to deal with it, I hope you or someone in your family has a deadly nut allergy and has to deal with packages of nuts being handed out to 200 people on a crowded airplane with a recirculating air system.

Dogs are not people. And if you think they should be accorded the same rights, you really need to get a grip. And probably therapy and medication.

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's called forum having good etiquette. You don't go into posts and talk about unrelated subjects and this is not about debate, just to compile a list so when people type in "pet friendly stores" on a search engine this will come up. Start a new topic out of consideration for others who are trying to find information. Not just because I said to, ok?

• jannie
    17 years ago

This is an interesting post. I bring my dog into Petco all the time, she loves it. when I was visiting Toronto, I visited a shopping center and there were quite a few people walking dogs on leashes. I can't remember the name of the shoppuing center,it was not Eaton Centre. I wish we americans were less pet phobic. I see signs all the time regarding blind and service dogs.

• Hollyclyff
    17 years ago

I'll add a couple. Michael's and A.C Moore (craft stores) have always let me bring pets in.

• cme10ae
    17 years ago

I notice there are a lot of Michaels stores in the same shopping centers as Petsmart or Petco stores - maybe they are more welcoming knowing that people stopping at the pet stores have their dogs with them and will only shop if they can bring their pet in with them. I'd think it would be worth exploring the stores that are very close to pet stores.

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey that's weird my petsmart here is right next door to Michaels. I'll call them a little later on and see what they say.

• silvergold
    17 years ago

Well, qq - I can't help but disagree. This is a forum - you can't dictate if people want to voice an opinion about what you are posting. It isn't anything worth geting mad about anyways. Lighten up!

Having said that - I didn't realize that all those stores allowed pets. Interesting.

• cupajoe
    17 years ago

Well here is a little food for thought.You go to the store and cross those floors which are chemically treated to keep them clean and shiny.When you go home you take your shoes off and shower.Your dog,on the other hand ,sits down and licks his feet to clean off anything he has inadverdantly been exposed to...fertilizer and pest products at the garden store,cleaning chemicals and wax products at the drugstore and grocery. My dog suffers from seasonel allergies as well as food additive allergies.I wouldn't take him to an indoor store because at 86 pounds he is to big for my purse,and making him walk through God knows what is UNSAFE for HIS health.

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I asked nicely.

Please have some respect for others.

• quirkyquercus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I attempted to go in Michaels tonite after petsmart and no they don't allow dogs. I have noticed that there is a Michaels next door to practically every petsmart but is evidently not a company policy to allow pets citing the whole "we sell food" line.

• acorn
    16 years ago

QQ you broke my eardrums. lol
    You can bring your dog, cat, pig, goat or horse to Long Vally Feed. We even have treats.

• butters_2008
    15 years ago

I work at a Lowe's and I can assure you all that Lowe's nor Home Depot allows dogs in store. It is to much of a liabilty issue. Nobody is 100% sure if their beloved dog will cause harm to another person. Nobody. And if you notice before you enter Lowe's or HD on the automatic door their is a sign with a set of rules on it. One of them is that you can not allow a dog in the store unless it is a hear and sight dog for the blind. Lowe's does not want to be held responsible for any dog related accidents. The only thing though is that most Lowe's don't really enforce the rule. But that way if something were to happend Lowe's can argue that their was a sign on the door stating dogs are not allowed.

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Fine with me if they have a sign on their door, as long as they don't kick you out.

I bought a puppy a couple of months ago. The breeder lived on the other side of the state. Neither of us wanted to drive that far so we agreed to meet in between. We met at a Lowe's. We walked down to the patio furniture department and they'd just gotten some furniture in, but nobody much was looking at it in the cold weather. We sat there discussing details for over an hour and not a soul bothered us. I had my old dog with me and she brought the pup. Everyone was friendly to us. It was great!

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    15 years ago

My daughter has a pet stroller and we have taken her two dogs in, Goodwill, Joann Fabrics, Micheals, Hobby Lobby,Walgreen's and one Lowe's. There are some Lowe's that do not allow them. Also Menard's would not allow the dogs in their outside lawn and garden and they were inside of the enclosed stroller, could not damage anything or bite anyone. To me that made no sense. We have taken them to a funeral home to pick out funeral arrangements, for me and when I see the owner at church, she always comments how well behaved they were and better than most children. When a group of our family were baptized, we were allowed to take the two dogs in their stroller into our church and they were very good. We even got to take them down to the big meal the church provided for us. So being able to do that is very helpful when you can not leave a pet alone because of possible seizures. I think if more stores would allow them, as long as they would not damage anything or hurt anyone, it would be a better world.

Sue

• lilliepad
    15 years ago

WOW Quirkie.......that was a really LOUD post:)
    I live in a pretty small town (pop.around 25,000) and I don't know of any businesses here that allow pets.I know Wal-Mart doesn't either.We were in a chicken place a few months ago and a stupid woman brought her kitten in and was waving it around.The manager told her she couldn't have it in there because it was an eating establishment and against the health code and asked her to leave.She threw a fit and finally left.It wasn't that she couldn't leave it alone in the car,(which is a stupid excuse anyway as far as I am concerned).She was on the passenger side of the vehicle and someone else was inside ordering the chicken.
    I know opinions about whether it is right or not are not wanted but I'm going to give it anyway!You can yell at me if you want to:)
    I would not take my dog into any business and impose her on anyone else,except maybe Petco or Pet Smart.
    Many years ago there was a upscale dress shop here where the owners little poodle was a permanent fixture.I went in a couple of times and the little dog was so yappy and her "Mommie" so obnoxious about her that I never went back.Of course "Mommie" thought her $@@$ didn't stink!LOL Just because we may think our pets are the best behaved,well mannered,cutest little things doesn't mean they really are or that others think the same.Kinda like "my" kids never do any wrong!

• trekker
    15 years ago

Fashion Island, a high-end mall in Newport Beach CA is very pet friendly. Department stores include Bloomingdales (listed elsewhere as pet-friendly), Neiman Marcus (don't know about other locations, but I am told that this one is pet-friendly) and Macys (do not know if pets allowed). The public (non-store) areas of the mall are outside.

Some restaurants allow dogs on patios. Citrus City Grill in Orange, CA and some of the restaurants at The Block in Orange are examples. All of them have patios that can be accessed without going inside the restaurant.

Since some restaurants at the Block welcome pets, I assume that some of the stores do the same. Haven't tried with our dog.

I'd ask any restaurant with a patio that can be accessed without entering the restaurant.

• mboston_gw
    15 years ago

Where is Quirkyquercus? Haven't seen any posting in quite a while.

• ksrake
    15 years ago

My 2 dogs ( a lab x and a greyhound) ARE very well behaved. They have their CGCs. One competes in agility and the other is in training for agility. We regularly go to Petco. I have been permitted to taken them into Pike Nursery and I have recently been taking them to my local Lowe's. They have been welcomed not only by the staff and the patrons, but even the Lowe's management. But then again, I keep doggie cleanup bags attached to leashes with me at all time. Heck, my 2 dogs behave better than most kids.

• bratatat
    15 years ago

Taking dogs into stores that you really are not supposed to, such as where its posted its not allowed only makes it that much more difficult for us that actually do have have service dogs. It means that we are questioned, and examined like criminals simply because some of us don't have obvious disabilities. We are lumped in with people that feel its somehow their right to take their dog regardless of the rules. So the next time you consider breaking that rule think of the next person that NEEDS a dog with them, and how much your sheer selfishness is causing them problems.

• michelle_phxaz
    14 years ago

Bratatat, most legal service animals are marked as such. My cats are my service animals, I need their company and love but I don't take them to stores. They aren't legally service animals. If you are having a problem with being questioned, make sure you have the proper tags and perhaps a vest. No problem with the ID.

I personally am glad to see less and less stores allowing pets and enforcing it, now I know that Home Depot is safe for me again!

• melvalena
    14 years ago

I went to Calloway's Nursery today. I asked at the front counter just as a woman brought her dog in and put it in the seat of the cart. The worker assured me it was perfectly fine to bring my dog in so long as it was leashed and didn't cause a problem. They even had doggie treats for them!!
    It was a lot harder to shop with the dog along than I thought it would be. :)

• lillywaters
    14 years ago

Not sure if anyone will read this.. but, here I go. New hampshire is somewhat behind on the times when it comes to allowing dogs into stores. Yes, I understand some stores dogs should not be allowed in. However place like Homedepot (which here in NH they are not allowed in but depends on the who is working that day) dogs should be allowed in.
    I myself am a dog trainer, and the major reason why dog bites are on the rise even for the friendly golden dogs is mainly due to the lack of Socialaztion. This doesn't count just going to a dog park and letting your dog of leash and letting him play. There is a major lacking when owners just do that. You have to go to different places let dogs see different things, including people.
    This doesn't mean the dog should be allowed to meet every person. However, having a owner with a dog on a leash working on training walking around in these areas and seeing and hearing the different things is how you DO bomb proof your dog. Which down the road will get rid of these "I don't understand why my dog bit someone".

As for people who do not like dogs. If you see somone with a dog in a store just go to a different part of a store for a moment. Wait for the other person to leave.. As for the people who say why should I have to deal with you and your dog. Don't just simpley leave the area i am in during the time and come back a few moments later.

Let me turn it around to you: Why should I have to deal with how you act, or smell (some people come inside right after smoking and yeah it smells a bit!) or how come I have to deal with your child screaming Child in different places.

Some may say well leave your dog at home. This is not solving the issue here in the USA with dogs. Other countries welcome dogs into stores, and homes and most other countries have more behaved dogs.
    Dogs are pack animals they perfear and become a happier well behaved dog by sticking close to the pack leader.. Such as the owner of the dog.

Yes, the owner needs to be in contorl of the dog at all times, however teach your kids and yourself to ask first before running up to a strange dog to meet the dog.
    Don't get upset if someone says please not right now we are training, be understanding this is how a dog learns how to act around other humans and sights.

If the owner has the dog marking things well then i guess one the owner should have to buy the item, or clean it up simple as that. If the owner breaks the rules then they are not welcome into the store with their dog.

However, humans are taking over more and more of this world and limting more and more places for dogs/owners to go and do the correct socail training. You will see more untrained dogs, when they are allowed to go on their few walks out on the street. You will see dogs who do not know how to meet and greet the right way.

Yes, dog owners should take their dogs to doggie school however, owners MUST be able to work with these dogs in other settings or they will never learn. Simple as that...

As for those who say why should dogs have these rights, they are not childern. For many their dog is a family member and for many are a child to the owner, so allow the owner to do the right kind of training so they become "bomb proof" and cause less dog fights, bites, and all around crazness.

I understand that some places such as grocey stores that there should be a limit. And I am not talking about homedepot where they say well we have soda and candy bars so really we can not allow dogs in. That is just a lame excuse.

As for people who say they have issues with dog hair and dead skin. There has been new findings stating that if you expose yourself to items you are algeric to then you become immue to whatever you are having issues with. Human stores you are already breathing in dead human skin so just keep that in memory. If you want to read more about what I mentioned above look it up in dog fancy I believe it was about six months ago where they wrote up the findings..

If you have a massive reaction to dogs, you may want to start having shots giving to you so within a year you are perfectly find with dogs hair/skin... mainly due to the fact that you are going to bump into a dog here or there.

I also believe that there should be a week or a few days at least each years in schools teaching our children how to react, touch or deal with not only their own dog however, stranger's dogs as well. This would also cut down on bite issues.
    It comes down to this: Owners being able to train their dogs 100%, and being watching their dogs 100% of the time..
    And other people being understand as we ourselves have to be understand about you.

If you are scared about dogs, but, want something where the dog is, as the owner nicely "Hey would you mind if I could get something where you and your dog is I feel a bit uneasy around dogs." You would be surpise how many dog owners will be UNDERSTANDING and move out of your way.

• benkim
    13 years ago

Great website. I wanted to add Wal-Mart to the list. I have been taking my 9 month lab puppy and so far nothing has been said. I dont take her anywhere near the food section and I get some funny looks but hey, I figured until someone says something to me IÂm going to continue to take her. I try to take her everywhere I can. I figured by the looks of how some kids act and look no harm would be to take my puppy. I give her a bath almost every day, which is more often than most people give their kids baths and even though she is not super well behaved, IÂve seen worse kids who were permitted to enter a store.

• lorivattes123_comcast_net
    12 years ago

I agree that NH is behind the times about letting dogs/pets into stores that aren�t pet stores. I think it�s about time we catch up. I�ve seen small dogs in shopping carts at Target stores. And, I�ve seen on tv where companies even let their employees bring their pet to work with them and it makes the workplace less stressful. They say to get a pet because it makes you less stressful and you live a longer and healthier life but they don�t say have children and it will make you less stressful. Someone told me that it has to be posted on the doors of the stores that they don�t allow pets. I agree about leaving your children at home when you go grocery shopping. I can�t stand having to deal with waiting for your children to run by me or in front of me screaming and running up and down the isles before I can get to my destination in the store especially when I�m in a hurry. People, kindly control your children. My dog (a maltese) would never be running up and down aisles at a grocery store � she would be sitting right at my side or wanting me to carry her while I shop. Also, we are forced by the grocery stores to put our food into the same shopping carts that these people put their children in with their poopy diapers. Talk about cross contamination. Yuck!!! Also, sometimes people that come into grocery stores and other stores reak of urine or body odors and no one says anything about them. We just have to deal with them.

• bames
    11 years ago

Keep the dogs at home when you go shopping or leave them in the car or truck.
    Dogs don't belong in stores and especially Grocery stores.
    Dogs carry germs and when they ride in the shopping carts they leave those germs behind and the next shopper gets those germs on their food and produce and also small children who do ride in those carts will also be exposed to those germs.
    Some people are afraid of Dogs and don't expect to come into contact with them while shopping.
    And then there's the chance your dog may bit somebody and then you got yourself a law suit.
    Get wise and respect others and leave the dogs a home.
    Don't create a public health problem.
    Only service dogs are allowed in stores and that's the law in most states.

• beegood_gw
    11 years ago

I agree pets shud stay home unless it's a PET STORE. I have 2 dogs and they wud never go shopping with me any more than I would go to kennel and spend time with them. You may think Fluffy is the cutest most wonderful mutt in the world but to the majority he is JUST A DOG. More stores shud enforce the no dog rule.Next it will be pigs and goats. Why not? their owners feel just as entitled I'm sure.

• bames
    11 years ago

beegood,
    you are a responsible dog owner.
    Unfortunately there are those that feel they have the right to impose their pets upon others.
    I love cats, but would never expect to get rave reviews if I walked into Walmart with one on a leash or riding around in a shopping cart.
    However, if the cat was big enough you might clear the place of all dogs.
    Pet stores are fun to visit, but sad as well seeing all the caged animals and wondering if some may not ever be adopted.

• pommom1016
    11 years ago

I have worked in retail, and most places aren't necessarily dog friendly, they just abide by the saying, "the customer is always right." Generally stores that carry food (Wal-Mart, Publix, ect.) will ask you to take your dog out of the store. For the response that said she takes her dog in Wal-Mart, it could be that a bold enough employee has not noticed yet. I work at both a Belk and a Charming Charlie, and our policy was that as long as the customer was holding the dog or it was secured in some kind of carrier, we didn't mind. We didn't allow dogs on leashes, no matter how big or small they were. I have never tried to take my dog into a store that sells food, but I have taken her into TJ Maxx, Ross, Hobby Lobby, JC Penney, and a few other retail stores. i have never had anyone say anything about it, but they just might not have noticed as both of my dogs are toy breeds (long hair chi and pom). Also, if I have to deal with people who bring their whining, screaming children to a store, and then proceed to let them run a muck in the store, why shouldn't I be able to take my well-behaved, safely secured dog into a store that does not sell food?

• ilmbg
    11 years ago

Powell, Wyoming. Limton's Big R,
    All the banks
    Big Horn Feed
    Ace Hardware
    Aldrich Hardware
    Any store downtown that does not process food(make a sand which, prepare food)

I have had Rottweilers and Danes for years. They are socialized from day one. There is not a day that goes by that I do not get feedback on how well behaved my dogs are. There is no pulling at leashes, no excitement, no pushing up to people. Because of their good behavior, we are ASKED to come back.
    Any 'outside' deal is a good way to introduce your puppy to people and noises- art fairs at a park, flea-markets, the garage sale in the neighborhood, a restaurant that has an outside patio(start out in a quiet corner), a local sports event. There are many places.
    I do not want to go anywhere , where I have to encounter a dog that is aggressive, jumps on me, pulls their owner to come to my dogs, barks, or I has poor manners. This goes for dogs that pee/poop either. Your dog should NEVER be allowed to pee on someone's lawn, flowers or at the plant/nursery! Teach your dog to do his/her business in a designated spot and teach him it is NOT ok to use any ole, place as a toilet!
    My dogs are better behaved than many children we encounter. It is a lot of work to have animals behaving properly in a social setting. I just wish parents would take as much time with their kids as I have with my dogs.
    BTW, in San Antonio, Lowes welcomes dogs, Home Depot has asked us to leave. Office Depot also asked us to leave. Both when I had a 9# dog with me, also well mannered.
    I really do not want a dog in a department store because there are so many OWNERS that let their dogs behave so badly/pee/poop wherever!!
    People, even at Petco/Petsmart, please do not let your dog run up to another dog. It is rude. Would YOU run up to a human and jump on them? Put both of your hands on their shoulders? Tangle your belt/purse strap around their legs? Pee on the floor in front of them?
    WHATEVER YOUR DOG DOES, YOU ARE DOING, BY WAY OF THE DOG!
    And for Pete's sake don,take your dog to a friends house and let him jump on the couch, run wild around the house, etc. good manners are expected there also. You wouldn't,t believe how many friends bring their dogs over to my house, because "you love dogs so much" Their animals are the true sense of the word! They run all over the place, have peed on my furniture, my floor. "Oh, I am so sorry... I don,t know why FiFi does this every time! DUH!

• oregpsnow
    11 years ago

Dogs should be allowed in most places and kids should be tied up in the backyard.

• robertz6
    11 years ago

One day I was looking for a place to tie my 70 pound mix up outside the Office Depot. The cashier motioned to me to bring him inside. So for about 18 months we both went in the store instead of just me. He never let out a peep, just slowly wagged his tail, usually got petted by the dog friendly customers and employees. One time as we waited in line to check out, the person ahead let out a shriek that everyone in the store heard. The dog did not react at all. The next time we went in the store manager said dogs were not allowed unless they were special needs dogs.

I did not get upset with the store, maybe they changed their animal policy (and maybe they didn't have one). But I noticed with some amusement that while the dog was calm outside the store before; after his inside visits he barked at most people who went into the store while he had to wait outside.

Seems like most folks who want to pet dogs don't know how to safely pet one (IMHO). I try to get the neighborhood kids to learn properly how to pet older dogs, but the folks at the nearby Petco just bend over and pet dogs like the average person does.

• cooksnsews
    11 years ago

In my municipality, it is against the bylaws to tie your dog up outside a shop/store while you are inside. However, it is quite legal to leave Fido outside in a sit-stay, untethered...

Gosh! Which do you think is safest????

• robertz6
    11 years ago

When I tied my dog outside the grocery store for periods of one to ten minutes, a number of folks asked if the poor dog wasn't cold (Don't you think...). He was never tied outside in weather below 25F, and out of the wind. I had to explain to these folks that the dog's long and dense coat protected him down to around -30F!

I'm sure some of these folks had dogs that never are taken out of the yard. No wonder so many dogs are not socialized properly.

• poberrath
    8 years ago

I am moving to central Florida next spring and living in a tent with my 3 cats and a dog.

i know it is hot there all the time. I'm sure florida has the same laws as Ohio when it comes to leaving a dog in a hot car. Does anyone have a solution for how I can get groceries and supplies without leaving the dog in the car? I can't leave him at campgrounds unattended. You should also know I am 67 years old, disabled, and no family or friends in florida. Any suggestions? No sarcasm please.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

@ poberrath, Try contacting the local senior services or disability services center. They may have a volunteer who can pet-sit while you shop. If that doesn't work, try contacting a local animal rescue shelter who may have a volunteer. This would be great for the person who only wants to volunteer for a couple hours a week. Good luck.

BTW - you may get more responses if you start a new thread vs. posting on an old one.

• poberrath
    8 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. About starting a new thread I have no idea. Lol. Was lucky to get what I did. Thank you and God bless your fine work.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

To start a new thread, just click on "pets" at the top and a new screen will appear where you can give your post a title and then add your question.

• dodibatzion
    8 years ago

I work at a Walmart store. At first we only seen dogs come in occasionally. Now we are constantly listening to dogs barking when they see each other. I have three dogs of my own but I obey rules. I am tired of irresponsible people bringing dogs into the store and pretending they are service dogs. They sometimes refuse to put them on a leash. Someone already got bit. But I guess that's not enough to make management listen to the law. But the thing that gets me most is people who let their dog pee and poo and lie saying their dog didn't do it. This angers me. It is these people who ruin it for everyone and there are way too many of them.

• María José González Yépez
    8 years ago

Buy online, like me :) I buy on www . kupiku (dot) com, thats very pet friendly

• SaltiDawg
    8 years ago

I don't take my dogs, that are well behaved, into stores because not all folks like dogs, and indeed some are terribly allergic to them.

I think it is a matter of simple respect.

(I do take mine to Pet Stores every Saturday.)