Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miss Kita

Posted by kitasmommie (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 12:59

It's been over 3 months since surgery - all her shaved parts have grown back and she's doing wonderful.
I often forget that she's blind - she's just back to being my normal dog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miss Kita

Wonderful Kita, wonderful YOU. Love that photo.

o

She looks great!

o

she's beautiful!! i didn't get the memo...what kind of surgery did she have?

o

She looks great!!!!! Yay!

o

I just love seeing you pop in and keeping updated on this beautiful girl. I remember the angst you had on your first post about this and I felt so badly for you. You were so heartbroken because it seemed like there was no 'good' option. I'm glad that the results have confirmed there was and you made it.

o

What a sweetie (and you are too)!

o

Hi Nina - she had double enucleation due to glaucoma. She was totally blind in one eye - very little vision in the other. we had been treating the disease successfully for a couple of years - but one weekend it all went to hell. Rather than do another shunt surgery - with no definite positive outcome - I chose to have both eyes removed & her eyelids sewn shut. I was a wreck.......but it was the best decision I've ever made.

She's no longer in pain & even she doesn't seem to realize she can't see.

BTW - I just love your little piggies :)

o

She is an Akita? I had an Akita Coyote mix name Kita. God bless you for keeping her happy!

o

Lisa - yes - she's an Akita

o

Such a beautiful, happy and contented looking dog! Absolutely
gorgeous! And I couldn't be happier for both of you

Sea

o

Wow, that is amazing. She's amazing!!!

I saw a show on tv the other day that involved a blind dog and the trainer said for them it's less about the eyes and more about smell and hearing. That must have been a really hard decision, I'm so glad she's doing well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here