Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joepyeweed_gw

So what?

joepyeweed
14 years ago

So someone posts something that offends you, do you have to report every thread that you don't like, can't you just ignore it... eventually it will move to the bottom of the forum.

I posted a funny joke on that thread and now its gone...

Whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing and then moving on?

Comments (9)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    14 years ago

I haven't been here for months, and don't have a clue as to what your joke was about, but I am glad that someone stood up for his or her rights, and asked that it be removed.

The Garden Web has Standards, and if you violate them, we have a right to complain. I expect Standards wherever I go.

If the Forum removed it, frankly that means that we don't have to lower our standards, but you need to clean up your act.

Sammy

• mazer415
    14 years ago

joepyeweed. Do you know for sure that someone complained? I do know sometimes that the admin comes in to clear out topics that do not stay on topic. I have not seen you post, unless it was a really good one even if I did I probably would not have replied because I try and stay on topic of helping others with their pets here...maybe you might want to try to post again...

• brutuses
    14 years ago

The moderator does not come and delete messages, they have to be reported for the most part.

I didn't see your joke, which thread was it on?

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    14 years ago

I posted a funny joke on that thread and now its gone...
    By gone, I think joepyeweed meant that it disappeared quickly from the first page as people ignored the message.
    Anne-Marie

• timbulb
    14 years ago

Most of what joepyeweed posts is drivel anyway. Move along to a different forum Joe.

• joepyeweed
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, the thread didn't move to the other pages, it was removed by the admin. IN order for that to happen, someone would have had to complain.

It wasn't my post that was offensive. But I thought I had a pretty funny response to the trolling offender.

I do post a lot of drivel. The beauty of the internet is that I can post as much drivel as I like... and you can choose to ignore it and move on...

• betsyhac
    14 years ago

Says Timbulb ... "Most of what joepyeweed posts is drivel anyway. Move along to a different forum Joe."
    Nice.
    Apparently, since you've rudely judged someone else's posts as mostly drivel, you know it all and aren't going to ever benefit from learning anything from anyone else anyway. So why don't YOU move along? Literally. Yeah, go take a walk. Try to get those endorphins up and get all that nasty out of your system. Besides, doesn't drivel trump plain old nasty? I think so.

• joepyeweed
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Don't worry Betsy. When you read a lot on these forums you get to know people, and you become familiar with their names.

timbulb is not a familiar name on this forum, so don't worry about what he has to say.

• Gina_W
    14 years ago

I noticed the threads for the woman who peed on her cat are pulled - is that what you're talking about? Those were so off-the-wall, I'm not surprised they were reported. I wouldn't take it personally jpw, since you weren't the OP.