Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mattress stain: dog drool, or pee?

Posted by buffylou (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 12:07

Fairly new mattress. Today noticed very pale stain near the foot of the bed, an area about 2 ft square, where Abby likes to sleep under the covers - until she overheats, starts panting like mad, and crawls out, waking us both up of course. :) Anyway, DH is convinced it's pee. I know she drools under there. I am thinking, if it was pee, the stain would be darker and it would smell, and we'd have noticed it way before now. What do you all think it is? Please, advice wanted! Thanks in advance! (I did already clean it with hydrogen peroxide and Oxyclean, came out about 95%. Just the stitching is a tiny bit yellow still.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mattress stain: dog drool, or pee?

If it's yellow, could have been bile. Maybe she threw up a little.

o

how old is she? spayed?

my youngest dane was about 3 when she started having spay incontinence. like you, i found big stains. at first, i didn't know if it was drool from one of the dogs grooming herself or if it was pee. i was totally stumped. there was no color, no odor. i didn't figure it out until one day, pea got up from the couch and there was a HUGE fresh puddle right where her back end was.

started her on proin and haven't had a problem since. in fact, i just recently decreased her dosage without a problem.

you need to rule out a UTI first and then go from there.

o

Yes, she is spayed. And it's not really yellow - very faint stain. Hmm, about the same color as my husband's pillow from drooling :) now that I think about it.
I saw the other post about throwing up bile - that is a problem for Abby, but she has only ever done it once on the bed, and I would KNOW if that was it.

o

how old is abby? this could very well be spay incontinence.

o

I bought from Stink Free, the Stink Finder. I call it the pee pee finder. I wait until dark and run a round with the ultra violet light. So cool. It can find blood, drool, poop, pee, vomit and one more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here