Promising Search for Parvo Vaccine

Posted by sylviatexas (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 11:45

link below

Here is a link that might be useful: parvo research

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Promising Search for Parvo Vaccine

Not a vaccine - that exists already. This is a treatment. Currently the treatment for Parvo is strictly palliative care - IV fluids, medication to reduce vomiting. It takes 1 to 2 weeks, and a large percentage still die. With this treatment, puppies are ready to go home in 1 to 2 days.

My husband works for Avianax. There's another site with the same article that includes photos (and he's in some of them).

Here's a link to a video of puppies treated during the early field trials.

Here is a link that might be useful: puppy video

o

I enjoyed seeing that video, Annkh. Fantastic breakthrough, and I hope it will be available in the not-too-distant future.

Your husband must enjoy such rewarding work.

o

Thanks!

o

They are in the process of ordering equipment for their production facility, and hope to start production by the end of the year. They still need to do a controlled study in addition to the field trials (this has been in the works for months, I don't know what the holdup is). Luckily it's easier to get USDA approval for animal use than FDA approval for humans!

Yes, DH loves his work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here