Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
progress with lilly

Posted by ninapearl (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 11:00

yesterday afternoon, lilly ventured up to the gate where i go in and out and where most of the activity takes place in the pig pen. i threw some sweet feed out for them to root for and she loved that.
Photobucket

and here she is this morning, eating with arnold and porkahontas!! this is a HUGE breakthrough for her!!

Photobucket

and meeting swee' pea at the fence. LOL
Photobucket

i am hoping that today, since it will be in the 80's, she will discovery the joys of the piggy wallow! i am SO happy with her progress, she is becoming quite the social butterfly...errr...pig! :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: progress with lilly

I'm glad she is doing well! Love the pictures.

o

Love them and I'm glad you named her after me..lol

o

LOL lily from PA!! :p

lilly (with two l's) finally found the joys of the piggy pool today. i coaxed her in with some little pieces of dog cookie and when she was in, i threw a handful of seedless grapes in. she spent 20 minutes bobbing for grapes and blowing bubbles. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

So cute! Is she affectionate with you? (are piggies affectionate in general?)

o

marita, she isn't yet but she allows me to pet her and rub her tummy so we're getting there.

to answer your question, oh yes they are very affectionate! i often go out there, spread a blanket under a shade tree and within 30 seconds, arnold is in my lap and porkahontas is laying down beside me. they thrive with lots of human contact. lilly will get there, she's already come much farther than i thought she would in just one week!

o

Poor ole' lily, I feel such tenderness for her. She has had a hard life and now has love, kindness and a perfect piggy park for her to live.

o

same for me beez! i have always had a special place in my heart for the underdog (or underpig, in this case). it was so hard to keep my distance, i just wanted to scoop her up (figuratively, of course) and tell her everything would be just fine. with pigs, you have to get to know them on their terms. the first 2 or 3 days were dicey, she was so fearful that she would charge at me if i got too close. we have graduated to her eating out of my hand and following me around while i clean up piggy poo. much like arnold, she grunts while she's walking behind me. i think it translates into "i just KNOW you have goodies in that fanny pack!" :D

o

It looks like she's fitting in already -- such a cutie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here