Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cat started sneezing or snorting every hour or less

Posted by datura-07 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 13, 09 at 9:37

Lucy started to do some sort of snorting yesterday and it seemed to last a long time. The floor had spots of liquid - seemed to be thick and kind of a light green. Her poor little chest was going in and out like mad. I feel so sorry for her and don't know what to do. Any ideas??? She is making a mess since she seems to be in a different place every time - at least once an hour.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cat started sneezing or snorting every hour or less

Sinus infection? My friend's cat had green nasal discharge from a sinus infection. Please get her to the vet. Good luck...

o

How old is she? I'm not a vet, but it sounds like an upper respiratory infection or something similar. I'd take her to the vet as soon as you can.

o

I thought it might be a sinus infection or maybe something with her lungs since she had to be put under to check a cut on her paw and x-rays - ended up getting eight stitches. I called the vet yesterday and told her that I had somehow forgotten to give her the last amoxicillin and I started them up on Friday. The vet said to wait until today to give her the last one since she has an appointment Monday to get her stitches removed. BUT___I think we just solved the problem. She started sneezing and there was something green sticking out of her nose. My husband pulled a 4 inch blade of grass out!!!!

How in the world did it get up there?

o

Oh, my goodness! If the kitty hadn't been so uncomfortable and you hadn't been so worried that might be kind of funny.

Only your cat knows how that grass got up her nose, and I bet she'll never tell. She's fortunate to have such caring owners.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here