Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

how to combat the heat

Ninapearl
10 years ago

well, at least for pigs. it's been in the 90's the past couple of days. i came home from work yesterday to find lilly napping. IN the pool...

arnold likes to **gasp** POOP in the pools so i am constantly emptying/refilling them. porkahontas loves the fresh cold water. i just wish she wouldn't sit on the edge and displace much of the nice, fresh water!

this is harley's first summer living full time as an outside piggy. his previous owner told me he wasn't much for the kiddie pool they got him. he would stay in it as long as there were cheerios floating around for him to catch. i'm beginning to wonder if she sent me the wrong pig because THIS harley is LOVIN' the pools!

one day last week, i came home to find harley stretched completely out in the pool, not moving. i gasped to myself thinking he had drowned. i jumped out of my van and hollered his name. he jumped up and scurried to the fence for a cookie. turns out, he has been resting his head at a corner where there was very little water but the rest of his body was almost submerged. whew!!

Comments (4)